Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
True_Orb said:
First of all, your philosophy is illogical when you think about it.

If all the people who realize humanity's constant horrors upon this planet off themselves, there will be nobody left with that mindset and thus the planet loses all the people currently aware of this problem.

And if you think that humanity is NOT the biggest problem we face, name me something that is a bigger problem. It ALL comes back to humanity, my friend.

C'mon dude...get over it. The world is the world and there isn't anything you or I can do about it. Try being happy now cuz tomorrow you may die and when that happens, who cares what state the world is in.....you're dead!!

no..you should think of the future, like ur children will be living it

so take care of the earth, but taking measures like that is tooo drastic

i mean i would rather have the world destroy us in a couple of thousand yrs than have us destroy ourselves now

Yeah cas I think you have the wrong take on it. You're basically saying that it's useless to try and help the world so we should all just do whatever makes us happy, and I believe that although history has proven us to be a really messed up species, I know that my ability to care means that humanity can care.

And even if not for the millions upon millions of living things BESIDES humans that stand to be suffering on this planet...do it for yer kids. :p

True_Orb said:
do it for yer kids. :p

Do it for yer kids? The whole point those people are pushing is that you should not have kids so whats the point of trying to save the planet if there's no one left?

so are these vhemt people for or against the consumption of chocolate jello pudding?

True_Orb said:
Yeah cas I think you have the wrong take on it. You're basically saying that it's useless to try and help the world so we should all just do whatever makes us happy, and I believe that although history has proven us to be a really messed up species, I know that my ability to care means that humanity can care.

And even if not for the millions upon millions of living things BESIDES humans that stand to be suffering on this planet...do it for yer kids. :p

This whole argument is rediculous Orb.... When I'm dead, I don't care about how my children are going to grow up.....because I'm DEAD!!

Personally, I don't do anything to ruin the environment so I can live my life guilt free and happy. It's environmentalists like you that are so freakin miserable because a tree might die due to the smoke from an oil plant. You know, that same plant that manufactures gasoline so that you can get into your car and drive to your greenpeace meetings.

I do my part to recycle and not litter but I also don't tap everyone on the shoulder and tell them to do the same thing. And I certainly don't need some website telling me to stop having childred for the sake of the earth! :mad:

Look cas, I can understand if you don't care about the pain of other living things, it's pretty natural and normal, but there are those of us who see it important to take into account the state of other living things on the planet, because we don't believe that otters, birds, and fish should all starve to death, be poisoned, or die in some other way when there's an oil spill because us humans have taken to sacrificing their lives and well-being for our own ability to get around.

The argument isn't ridiculous, it's just strange to someone who can't comprehend doing something not self-serving. No offense, but that is what your argument seems to be..."Why should I care about what happens when it doesn't affect me?"

True_Orb said:
Look cas, I can understand if you don't care about the pain of other living things, it's pretty natural and normal, but there are those of us who see it important to take into account the state of other living things on the planet, because we don't believe that otters, birds, and fish should all starve to death, be poisoned, or die in some other way when there's an oil spill because us humans have taken to sacrificing their lives and well-being for our own ability to get around.

The argument isn't ridiculous, it's just strange to someone who can't comprehend doing something not self-serving. No offense, but that is what your argument seems to be..."Why should I care about what happens when it doesn't affect me?"

I just don't have the time to argue an endless debate with you so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom