Vista is an overhyped, late, and pointless update to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't believe the hype: There won't be lines around the block at midnight when Vista hits store shelves early next year, analysts say.
Considering the trends where with Windows where it's best just to wait until the working version come out, I got a feeling a lot of people will just wait. Like I know a lot of people that have just sead that they will wait until the first service pack to come out before they make a purchase.
I am quite sure that we all remember things like :-
* Windows 95 Ver A , Windows 95 Ver B, Windows 95 Ver C with USB Support
* Windows 98 and Windows 98se to fix some millenium bug issues.
* Windows 2000. Really good. Really Stable. However not very flexible until you get to aleast Service Pack 2.
* Windows Me and the simple fact that appart from Restore Points, Better USB support and the new twain interface, it just sucked.
* Windows Xp with the "OMFG! WTF did you do to the interface!". Like it did take a lot of users times to get used to the new interface.

The cost of Windows - estimated at around $70 - is included in the price we pay when we buy a new PC.
If only it was that simple...... any bet I am still going to be competing with the back yard techie with the pirate copy of windows on a computer system that costs $70 less.

I just love the way that microsoft make is sound like that the operating system is free with lines like that. :rolleyes:

And the version of Windows that those retail customers have on their PC hardly figures into the equation. By and large, we buy a new PC when we need another one.

"A pattern we saw with Windows XP is that people would buy an XP machine and keep the older machine with the older operating system. They don't see the benefit of upgrading the older machine."

Considering the amount of hardware changes that have been around since Windows XP first game out, if you computer has not been purchased new in the last 2 years, it's prolly not going to be worth upgrading the older box.

It also show what added benifet will the customer get with Windows Vista. Like I do not that a lot of people hated Xp at first, but looking back now, I find that Wnidows Vista is a much easier and forgiving operating system than Windows 98.

Of course, Microsoft needs to keep up with the competition. Apple (Charts) CEO Steve Jobs loves to point out that his company has released five versions of Mac OS X in the time it has taken Microsoft to develop one.
Why does Microsoft care about Apple. Apple is niche market. Apple really does not care about that the Microsoft OS is dominates about 70% of the market.

Harper said:

* Windows Xp with the "OMFG! WTF did you do to the interface!". Like it did take a lot of users times to get used to the new interface.

I still get people complaining about this daily. They complain that XP is so much more complicated to use than 95 or 98. I'm dreading the day that "Winders Vister" comes out and I have to take the crap from the hillbilly customers.

Does anybody have any idea how long Vista is supposed to be standard. Is it going to be 5 years like XP? Or is it going to take after 98 and only last 2 years. IMO, the longevity of XP is the only reason we've seen the adoption we have. A lot of people upgrade reluctantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom