VisionTek RMA Process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell man, if I could find a good ATI sapphire 6000 that matches my GT430 under 120.00 I'll save up the money and get in march.
Too bad my hd 5450 wasn't really good at intense games, but it played everything else on medium quality with good speed.

Well installed the card. Played BF3 for about an hour, no crashes. However, I see that at Idle this GPU is 55-60C. I was monitoring the GPU during playing and it was like 87C. It runs really hot. Also I noticed that the fan was only running at 38% during gaming.

Does anyone use ATI Tools? Or something that you can control the fan speed? I've read that 104C is max out for these GPU's but for godsakes, That's like ready to ignite. If I can't get these temps down with fan speed control, perhaps I'll pick up one of the Artic Aftermarket coolers.

I've installed ATI Tray Tools and I've configured a manual setting hotkey for 50% fan also a hotkey for autofan. See if I can't play around with the fan to lower temps a bit during load.

I think Afterburner can handle that for you.

Does afterburner work with other motherboards / videocards other than MSI? I was looking at that program, but couldn't find if it worked with anything other than MSI.

But, so far ATI Tray Tools seems to be ok for me. I've got the ( + ) key on number pad set to (50%) fan speed and ( - ) on number pad set to Autofan. (50%) fan speed knocks off about 10C at load. Was running BF3 for another hour at 77C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom