Virginia Tech shootings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the most curious thing to me is that since the guy also shot himself, or so I have heard, we will never know why he did it. Was he just a nutjob or did he have an axe to grind or some political agenda? Who knows? I am sure somebody is goping to sue VT over it for not protecting the students well emough, but really, how can you prevent somebody from doing something like this? If a guy wants a gun, he can get it anywhere, anytime. If he wants to walk onto a campus he can and if he wants to start shooting he can. It isn't reasonable to think that an armed guard can be put at every door in every building and have limited access to the campus itself. Maybe the VT sucurity folks handled it badly, but I don't think anybody saw it coming and they did everything reasonable to protect the students and faculty. It's a sad situation and I have read where some of the faculty were blocking doors with their bodies, getting shot, so students could jump out a window. That is a hero.

Well an armed guard at each door is a little out there. I agree.

But at least some security roaming with weapons could act as some sort of roadblock for the attacker to prevent more deaths.

Could the first wave of attack have been prevented? Probably not. But the 2nd wave was uncalled for.

Well an armed guard at each door is a little out there. I agree.

But at least some security roaming with weapons could act as some sort of roadblock for the attacker to prevent more deaths.

Could the first wave of attack have been prevented? Probably not. But the 2nd wave was uncalled for.

I agree, and I also agree with whom ever said Stricter gun laws only take away guns from law abiding US Citizens... Criminals and Illegal Aliens will still have them, so that kinda defeats the purpose... if some nut job wants to kill alot of people he will find a gun or some other way to do it... :(

I read this on the news. Kind of changes things. If there was that much time between attacks, there should have been police everywhere on that campus.

The rampage consisted of two attacks, more than two hours apart — first at a dormitory, where two people were killed, then inside a classroom building, where 31 people, including Cho, died after being locked inside, Virginia State Police said. Cho committed suicide; two handguns — a 9 mm and a .22-caliber — were found in the classroom building.

don't no if this is true... but he got all steamed that his gf broke up with him and went on his crazy-person rampage

Very sad situation. It makes me angrier than anything to think one guy can just end so many lives. If he wanted to shoot himself, He could do that, But there is never a reason to take down 30 some innocent people with you. I can't imagine what the families and friends of the victims must be feeling right now. It's just a sad thing that stuff like this has to happen.

I also read it from the Greek news today, having inline the news of bbc, and our media had witnesses from some Greeks who also studied in those universities. My opinion about it : Very saddy and terrible situation. But i have to remark this : The president and all the ministers of the US have to know that allowing the use of guns or not to people for protection can prevent nothing. On the contary it might cause more deaths. Situations like this come from persons who have a strange and damaged psychology, so guilty sources are the family who has not upbrought them well and the country which hasn't given as a template advice for upringing a calm, well-behaving, social and kind child. So if that had happened since 100 years, then US and probably all the world wouldn't be the same, a far better situation would surely dominate. Man's free-will sometimes can end up with devastating situations. That happens cause man always choses the easiest way of surviving which not always right. Another thing that sould be considered is that it might was a tragedy, but worse things which are not mentioned happen to other countries all over the world, such as in Iraq. No racist at all I believe that the politics which are used from the USA, are not right, cause "why helping a country which hasn't asked any help from nowhere?" Are they so sensitive, I don't think so. Just say "We need your oils, do you sell some land?", with no victims at all. The semi-post was a bit offtopic but well mentioning. I mention again that I am not against US goverment. I just expressed my opinion, which is obvious to everybody. Nevertheless, let's use some solar power which is enviromentally friendly instead.

If you read all of it, thank you for devoting some time to my opinion.

I value your opinion Mike, but I must say you will need to get older to understand how the psychology of the human brain works.

It is far more complicated than "your family screwed you up".

Sometimes a person just cracks under the pressure.

Never will know, just one of those things that will always be there.

Well, recent news claims that they found a note in his dorm room. Some content of the letter was released in summary, "It also railed against "rich kids," "debauchery" and "deceitful charlatans" on campus"
Shop owner: Virginia Tech shooter bought gun for $571 - CNN.com

So basically this turned out to be more or less a suicidal hate crime.

That explains why he put no less then 3 bullets into ever one of his victims.
Well, except for himself that is. He took his own life with one bullet.

Read a couple of this nut jobs "screenplays"
Cho Seung Hui- Richard McBeef - AOL News
Cho Seung Hui- Mr. Brownstone, by Seung Cho, Title Page - AOL News

This kid had the hateful rage of the devil in him.

And after countless dead...
I thought were only two dead on the first wave.

...why would they temporarily lift the lockdown? Seems to me if there was a confirmed shooter with confirmed victims the school should be locked down until suspect is found and apprehended.
They thought they had him, and while they were interviewing him the real killer went back to the other room and started killing the 30 other people. But yea it still doesnt justify cops just sitting outside for 2 hours doing jack.

Well thats the story i heard. God **** grape vine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom