Very, VERY jealous

Yep, I can back PP up on this, most all trucks, and Jeeps ESPECIALLY have the wheels sticking out here in KY, when it becomes illegal is when the width can't sit with in the lane stopped, at that point if any part of the transport can't fit with in the lanes, oversized load leader and follower must accompany the truck...
QFT.

Despite that they do, its still illegal, just not enforce. EVERY state I googled, every forum I read states to be legal, your tires must stay in the body panel.

Yep, I can back PP up on this, most all trucks, and Jeeps ESPECIALLY have the wheels sticking out here in KY, when it becomes illegal is when the width can't sit with in the lane stopped, at that point if any part of the transport can't fit with in the lanes, oversized load leader and follower must accompany the truck...

There are tons of Jeeps and trucks here like that too, I'd be surprised if it was illegal and if it is it's never enforced.

You cover your exposed tire with a mud flap. The only reason they have that "law" is because they don't want rocks and gravel hitting the car behind you. Use a mud flap and the cops wont pull you over.

You cover your exposed tire with a mud flap. The only reason they have that "law" is because they don't want rocks and gravel hitting the car behind you. Use a mud flap and the cops wont pull you over.

Mud flaps don't make them legal, but they do keep the cops off you, and unless theres a reason to fine you its a non issue.

According to Mariah's cousin (who is a cop) if the mud flap covers the tire that sticks out it makes it legal here. Fender flares also make it legal if they cover the exposed tire.
For instance, when you works certain cars in Shift they add the flares for the larger wheel base. If you do that in RL here in Texas, it's perfectly legal.

Still doesn't change the fact that I see at least one car every day that has at least a hands width worth of tire and wheel sticking out of a Mexicans car driving down the road.

Back
Top Bottom