Verizon can't do math!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"$0.xx cents". I looked at it and figured it was just a confusion tactic, because it had both and could have been interpreted as either.
What are you talking about? Now matter how you look at it, it would be read $0.38 cents as "38 cents."

Are you trying to say it's confusing because they put a dollar sign on the front and say "cents" at the end or something? Ehh, I don't find that very confusing.

Rich_Franklin said:
isnt 71 cents way too cheap for 35k kbs anyway? He should have known it was too good to be true

That is why he told the customer service rep to write down that he was quoted for .002 cents.

.002 cents = $0.00002

:p It started to frustrate me after a while because of how stupid they were.

Nubius said:
What are you talking about? Now matter how you look at it, it would be read $0.38 cents as "38 cents."

Are you trying to say it's confusing because they put a dollar sign on the front and say "cents" at the end or something? Ehh, I don't find that very confusing.

I figured it as 38 cents so to speak, but why would you word it in a way that could be misunderstood? I've seen people write .38 cents, but not with a dollar sign. When you type a money amount do you write it as $0.34 cents, of course not its like saying 34 dollar cents. Show me a madman who uses both a dollar sign and cents besides wireless companys, are you that madman nub?

BTW I never said I found it confusing, nor did I say I was confused by it. I looked at it and thought what an odd thing to do, figured it for a confusion tactic, and then gave it no more thought.

I've seen people write .38 cents, but not with a dollar sign. When you type a money amount do you write it as $0.34 cents, of course not its like saying 34 dollar cents. Show me a madman who uses both a dollar sign and cents besides wireless companys, are you that madman nub?
I can't even think of the last time I've written down only a certain amount of cents. I can't very well do it now because now it won't be habitual, I'll be thinking about it. I'm pretty sure I've written it like $.38 before though.

Chankama said:
OMG, this is the funniest call center call I've heard in a while. It's long, but hilarious. :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Gp0HyxQv97Q

btw, $0.002 is NOT 0.002 cents!!

lol

What an idiot!

I had a simulare case this week where i had my ISP wanting to move my billing date from the 5th of every month to the 25th of every month. And then bill me twice on that month when they were making the change in the dates.

I got that sorted out after explaining to them that they were ripping me off for a 1/3 for a month.

Internet Service Provider Billing Departments...... nothing is illegal, unethical or immoral until they get caught. :rolleyes:

Nubius said:
I can't even think of the last time I've written down only a certain amount of cents. I can't very well do it now because now it won't be habitual, I'll be thinking about it. I'm pretty sure I've written it like $.38 before though.

exactly, but not the word 'cents' as in '$.38 cents'. I've writen it as '.38 cents', $.38, and '38 cents', but never '$0.38 cents'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom