Venting at work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inaris

Fully Optimized
OK, so currently I'm working out in the field at one of 15 locations we have spread across the state of Alaska. I carry an XP laptop around with me where ever I go and use it to do work while on station. Currently my time is split between doing tech support for these people and working on Application install scripts and Build work.
So for the last 2 days, I have been using a desktop machine in a unused office so that I could do my Tech support work. I have also placed my laptop in an unused office so that I can remote control it and do scripting while not leaving my tech stuff behind. The scripting stuff is pretty CPU intensive so everything slows way down when doing it. This way I can multitask without loosing ground. It's very nice cause I can get a lot done.
Here is the problem:
Twice, and I mean 2 times in the same day, one of these people that I support has had the balls to power off my system. Now, I'm usually a very calm individual, so thinking that after the first time, I should leave a note, I did. Now the second time comes around. I'm working on the machine from the workstation and all of a sudden I can't see it anymore, everything locks. $@#% I think to myself, as the rage builds up a bit. I walk down the hall and sure enough another @#$%ing idiot has removed my machine from the Docking station I had it in. I even took the key out of the dock and hid it in a drawer. This was stupid as I should have known that a user would find it. Idiots can be very resourceful when working in groups. As the @#$% that did it the first time was helping this new @#$%. I so want to just tear his head from his body right now.
This is the kind of user that techs have nightmares about. The guy is right even when he can't be and you are wrong even when you show then otherwise.
I firmly believe that they should allow for us to torture these people until we are satisfied, and then give them a 486 and tell them to @#$% off.
ok, I feel better now...
Thank you

well, I just built this fun little script to reboot them for the next 24hours. Runs every 17 minutes +/- 3 minutes. We will see if they call it in or not... :)

Inaris said:
well, I just built this fun little script to reboot them for the next 24hours. Runs every 17 minutes +/- 3 minutes. We will see if they call it in or not... :)

lol! They most likely will, either that or they'll just figure out the pattern and save their work every now and then. They'll get it down to a science knowing them.......lols

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom