vent server hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere you can only do that with an old version and only host up to like 5 other slots on it...

so i really don't know about trying that for 25 people lol

Ah, I see it is only the Pro version that can be used extensively and that is basically only used by companies that rent the servers :( Fooey. I do have a legitimate business license. I wonder if they would let me host a Vent server?... the only problem is it is a minimum of 1000 slots which I have no idea how I would get that many people interested. That and I only have one PC at home that could handle maybe a hundred slots.... I'd need more PC's to use as just servers.

Looks like my plan has failed :(

well i went with maxfrag...

they said they'd e-mail me the info shortly.

it's been almost an hour and they haven't even billed my card :\ so i have no clue if this is normal or if I picked the wrong place :(

Which is good for...?

Sorry, forgot to say it's for 25% off.

And it took about an hour or so the first time I bought from them. If you don't like it they have a policy of I think 3 days where you can get a full refund no questions asked.

Well, I ended up having to talk to someone in live chat.

he said they would e-mail me the info and bill me later....

I got the e-mail...was wrong name....

so now I'm in the process of waiting for them to correct it :|

Yep, the free ventrilo server only has 8 slots. Ventrilo has actually done a very good job with their recent version, since as far as I know, there are no cracks for the server part to allow more than 8 people yet. (which is why some people still use older versions of Ventrilo)

well they corrected the name..so all is well

EDIT:

I just checked my bank account...i was charged $6.95 when it was suppose to be $5.21

i'm defiantly going to cancel this service if they can't straighten anything up :|

well their support is really fast at answering and they said they would have billing department change it...

i'm okay with screw ups as long as they are quickly seen and fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom