Vegetarion Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheMajor said:

tajahem: please use your brains. "what will happen to the bulk of the animal population if we cease raising them for consumption".
Think it over before posting something like this.

The short answer is that you will end up with a very small population of these animals in a zoo or wildlife refuge. We are talking about a massive population reduction.

I live in a heavly farmed and ranched area. These ranchers are business owners trying to make a living. If they can no longer make a profit off of the goods that they are producing, they will stop and the animal population will suffer. The land that they currently inhabit would be turned toward more profitable ventures, and the bulk of these animal populations would be slaughtered or forced into even more crowded conditions to make room.

And until you have sat up all night with a newborn calf that it's mother abandoned just after birth you can shut the **** up about not caring.

Nope, im am still going to eat meat. Weve been eating it for thousands of years, im not going to stop now. I too hate it when others try to force their beliefs on me, that just ****es me off too much. Who cares what i eat? This brings up nubius' thread awhile back......

I thought it was kind of funny when they said that chicked contains POOPIE and that flesh contains blood. I dont care, do you?

tajahem said:
The short answer is that you will end up with a very small population of these animals in a zoo or wildlife refuge. We are talking about a massive population reduction.

I live in a heavly farmed and ranched area. These ranchers are business owners trying to make a living. If they can no longer make a profit off of the goods that they are producing, they will stop and the animal population will suffer. The land that they currently inhabit would be turned toward more profitable ventures, and the bulk of these animal populations would be slaughtered all at once or forced into even more crowded conditions to make room.

And until you have sat up all night with a newborn calf that it's mother abandoned just after birth you can shut the **** up about not caring.

I don't think there's a big change all humans would stop eating meat at the same time.

If I buy alcohol and cigarettes I don't hurt anybody but myself.
yeah right, I could find plenty of people to argue against that one alone.

Why not breed them in the first place.
they are breed.......for our consumption.

You think every veterinarian in the world is a vegetarian? I would LOVE to see you go tell them how much they dont care for animals :rolleyes:

Man is made to eat meat, face it. That's why such things as 'OMNIvores' exist.

TheMajor said:
Might as well make use of them? Why not breed them in the first place.
Maybe I should change the other statement to "not caring about most animals".

If I buy alcohol and cigarettes I don't hurt anybody but myself.

Aren't you the guy that drinks a sh*t load of coffee and smokes? You should be the last person preaching about a "healthy" lifestyle.

curtcheese64 said:
Aren't you the guy that drinks a sh*t load of coffee and smokes? You should be the last person preaching about a "healthy" lifestyle.

Where am I preaching about healthy lifestyle?

TheMajor said:
Well... I am a vegetarian and I don't see why people keep making fun of this issue. Whether or not humans are made to eat meat, you can live a healthy life without it.
Sure meat tastes great...but if you think that's an excuse to support the slaughtering of animals you simple don't care. Or is there any meat eater over here who dares to say he loves animals?

That pretty much sums it up.

TheMajor said:
I think this thread should be closed because it will turn into a flame war no matter what, even though I am probably the only person on this forum who cares about animals.

I love animals. A lot.

But, i'm certainly not going to stop eating beef, poultry and seafood because of it. Do I like watching animals slaughtered? No. Not many people do. Is it unfair to the animal? Some might think so.

But the fact of the matter is most of those animals are raised to become consumed. I personally believe that if an animal is used for the betterment of man, "Food & Products" it's ok. As long as they are being used and not wasted. If someone just walked up to a cow and cut it's throat and let it die and rot in the sun, then I would have a problem with that. (BUT - as that cow's dead carcus lays there rotting away in the sun, I can bet you anything that there will be plenty of other living organisms "feeding" off of it.)

What about in the wild? Lion kills a gazelle, then it eats the gazelle along with the rest of it's family. Is that cruel and unfair? Oh that qazelle also had a family, he didn't deserve to be killed and eaten. Well, guess what? If that loin and his family didn't eat that gazelle, they would have died from starvation, would that have been fair? Clearly not.

Senseless killing of animals for sport or fun is wrong. Killing animals for food or useful things that benefit humans is what animals are ment for. We are the dominate species. Not a cow or a chicken or a tuna.

May-be i'm just a darwin? "Survival of the fittest."

Those videos are there to shock you, the shock value is what makes you want to turn. I mean, yes we have been eating meat for centuries, but how many of us can attest to actually finding a wild boar, killing it, skinning it, and butchering it for food. Sure, we pay others to do that for us now, but if any of us were hungry, and there was no mcdonalds around to serve us, and all that existed were rice fields, forests, and wild animals, how many of us would just hang out and eat rice all day. I can already tell you I'd have no problem finding a wild animal and killing it, cooking it, and eating it. I'm sure it'll taste bad, but the only protein that exists that is a "complete protein" with all the amino acids exist in meat and meat only (mainly beef but w/e). Fish has polyunsaturated fats which are excellant for the brain and digestion, poultry is low fat and very tastey, and I can't imagine lunch without a ham sandwich anymore :p

I kinda got lost here somewhere, my point was if we aren't willing to kill an animal ourselves, should we be allowed to eat meat? Then again, those vegetarians who claim they are "lowering the suffering" in the world by abstaining from meat are doing nothing unless they themselves grow and harvest everything they consume.

My question to all vegetarians is always this:

You're stranded out in the Rocky Mountains, lost. It's been 3 days since you've eaten and you're starting to lose it. Suddenly you see rabbit hopping in front of you. He doesn't see you and it will be super easy to catch him.

Do you?

a.) Let him hop off into the woods and die of starvation?

b.) Catch him, kill him, start a fire, clean it, cook it and eat it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom