Valentine's Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The absolute worst holiday ever created, whether you are single or in a relationship.

If you are single, you want to put a bullet in your brain. If you are in a relationship, if you don't buy a bunch of worthless crap and have forced sex at the end of the night then you are going to have a rocky week ahead of you.

If you are in a relationship, everyday should be Valentine's Day. Of course, everyone knows it was created so candy companies would have a moneymaker.

Valentine's Day is no big deal if you are single. If you get all depressed over it then you need to re-evaluate your own feelings of self worth. If you have someone special, make it about the two of you. It's the little things that are the most appreciated. Guys, go to your woman's place and clean it up, cook a nice meal for the two of you, candles, etc. (Be sure to clean up your mess afterward too.) Put on some music and just enjoy each others' company. You don't have to spend a wad of cash. Women love the romantic stuff more than the bling anyway. If you just HAVE to buy her a gift, a gift certificate to a day spa is perfect. Whatever you do, make sure that it shows that you pay attention to her needs, what she likes, and what she wants. Otherwise if you just go buy candy and flowers you show her that you don't pay attention, don't listen, etc. Hikaricloud has the right idea.

If you get all depressed over it then you need to re-evaluate your own feelings of self worth. If you have someone special, make it about the two of you. It's the little things that are the most appreciated. Guys, go to your woman's place and clean it up, cook a nice meal for the two of you, candles, etc. (Be sure to clean up your mess afterward too.) Put on some music and just enjoy each others' company. You don't have to spend a wad of cash. Women love the romantic stuff more than the bling anyway. If you just HAVE to buy her a gift, a gift certificate to a day spa is perfect. Whatever you do, make sure that it shows that you pay attention to her needs, what she likes, and what she wants. Otherwise if you just go buy candy and flowers you show her that you don't pay attention, don't listen, etc.

Thanks Dr. Phil :)
(kidding)

I'm indifferent about the holiday. I'm single and see it's worth just like a birthday or any other day that you can take extra time to pay attention to the things that are important in your life. For me, I like to help recommend places for people to take their significant others out to eat, and recommend other gifts. It's fun :) How about a random day trip to somewhere exotic or different. Hop on a plane for a day trip and dinner somewhere. You get quality talking time next to your significant other while on the plane and eating dinner... then sleep and fly back. Could be a cool 2 day trip.

Honestly though, I really looking forward to Sunday and Monday when people in the news finally forget about Valentine's Day specials and sales and we can get down to business with things that are more important like:
The Economic Crisis, How we are all going to die on 21.12.2012, Stem Cell Research, Professor and Underage Student Sexual Encounters, More Cash 4 Gold Schemes and The Real Housewives of Orange County

EDIT: And the Top Chef finale in New Orleans :)

Flowers, some choclates and a nice dinner has always been a good way to go. You can always mix it up by making dinner instead, or having wine and a picknik on the beach or something...o god listen to me...

Anyway, if your single - go out with a friend and have a few drinks. That way you know that any girls that are out are ALSO single and probably feeling 'slightly' lonely that they arent with someone. Whatever makes it easier to go up to them ay guys.

I kick *** at Valentine's Day.

I surprised my g/f with a 3-day trip to Savannah first week of March at a fancy hotel plus over-the-door wrist restraints and a leather whip.

She surprised me with a naughty school girl outfit/lingerie

Well, I ended up being surprised with a weekend in Pigeon Forge, TN. Had a great time.

LOL, Saxon. You and I are probably the only ones who know what you talking about.

Currently noticing a lot of IT companies diving commercially into this.
I have see MSI, HP and DELL offering Valentine's Day latops where things are either red or pink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom