Uwe Boll Gets Perturbed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
Uwe Boll Gets P!SSED!

Taken From ShackNews:
After years of expressing casual resentment or disinterest towards the online treatment of his films, Uwe Boll has made himself very clear to Eurogamer about his feelings on his online critics, video game movies, Hollywood producers, and his plans in the near future. In short, he's quite frustrated. Dr. Boll feels that there are too many gamers who are judging his films not on actual experience but rather solely on his already poor reputation. In his view, each of his films is a substantial improvement over the prior one. In fact, he points out, the source material for the projects he works on is generally itself not of the highest caliber when it comes to things like plot, character development, or insight.

Furthermore, Boll has a lot of negative things to say about the process of turning games into movies in general. He claims that film producers know little about the games whose licenses they acquire, and furthermore game publishers do not take enough initiative in protecting and guiding the development of films based on their IP. He points out comic giant Marvel as an example of a company which takes a more active role in films based on its properties.

Boll also contradicted claims that his films exist to take advantage of a now-defunct German tax loophole for unprofitable films. He states that due in part to his low budgets, he is in fact well known for paying back his investors. Plus, his DVDs sell--House of the Dead is reportedly at 1.4 million sales.

"When I try to get videogames turned into movies, and get videogames accepted as [the equivalent of] best-selling books for the younger generation, I get only sh** from the videogames press - what an ******* I am, what a criminal I am for doing these movies, whatever, instead of being happy that there's a movie getting made of a game. This is what's confusing me."

Boll goes on to suggest that after Far Cry, he might stop making video game films completely. There are still a few more movies until then, however. The article contains a few tidbits about Boll's next film, the already controversial Postal adaptation. Vince Desi, CEO of Postal developer Running With Scissors, had vocally defended Boll as the perfect director for the project. He identifies with Boll as being something of an outcast in his field, and trusts that Boll is one of the few directors around willing to uncompromisingly translate the extreme shock value of the Postal games to the big screen. It looks like he's probably right about that, at any rate.

For example, the movie prominently features Osama bin Laden running a Taliban operation out of Arizona. Boll himself will also be violently killed in the movie, possibly by actual "Boll haters" who will be credited as extras. Oh, and also, there's this.

I just thought this was funny has [read the rules about profanity].

Boll may stop????! Oh please, please, please let this be true....

and that HAS to be a joke, GARY COLEMAN and the postal girls???

bwahahahahah... I may actually see that one.

In short, he's quite frustrated. Dr. Boll feels that there are too many gamers who are judging his films not on actual experience but rather solely on his already poor reputation.
Well golly-gee-wiz... So far a lot of his films seem to be borrowing the name of the computer game, and then he's coming up with his one crapolla story to go along with it.
Like it's lastest flick, Blood Raine.... The game is set during World War 2. So why does he have some thing that is set is the 18th Century.

"When I try to get videogames turned into movies, and get videogames accepted as [the equivalent of] best-selling books for the younger generation, "
What sort of drugs is this guy on? If think I would rather see the younger generation reading books as appose to playing computer gaems. What does he think he is, God's Gift To The Movie Industry?

Boll goes on to suggest that after Far Cry, he might stop making video game films completely.
Is this a bad thing?

Oh, and also, there's this.
OMG!!!!!!! That is funny!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom