Using your video card to run Folding@Home

Which video card are you currently running??

• X1950 Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X1900 Series

• X1800 Series

• X1600 Series

• Other

• 38x0 series

• 2900 series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol ya to bad about nvidia cards not being able to fold yet... you can still download the CPU version and use your cpu to fold, instead of the gpu.

that computer is fine for folding, but it may take a few days to do a WU (depending on the size)

I have edited the initial post. As refected there, (should be fairly straight-forward if you read the post before voting), vote for the hardware you have, not the equivalent... NVidia goes in 'Other' catagory.

Vernon, your computer cannot use the GPU client of folding@home, BUT you will be able to run the CPU client. See the Folding@Home Distributed Computing for more info and also different clients that are available.

What you will benefit from Folding ? Will they give you some money if you help them folding ?

It is very funny when people say that their next card is going be ATI just because it is only video card that can do folding.......

It's for a good cause. You're helping scientist, so they can understand illnesses better. Which can lead into, finding a cure for these diseases.

for the cpu thing can i still use ur 12864 and add me to the list cuz i downloaded and i'll just trial and error and see if ur number works...

add me to the list cuz i downloaded and i'll just trial and error and see if ur number works...
What name are you listed under? I'll add you to our in-houe list.

Don't mean to hijack anyones thread....but if I were going to build a new computer to fold, what hardware would be best....what would be acceptable and what would be preferred?

Well the faster the processor, the faster the WUs get done. Same goes for graphic cards. The more powerful, the faster the WUs, get done. This also depends on the size of the WU you're working on. It also helps to have dual core or if you're serious...quad core, to run multiple threads of F@H.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom