Using your video card to run Folding@Home

Which video card are you currently running??

• X1950 Series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X1900 Series

• X1800 Series

• X1600 Series

• Other

• 38x0 series

• 2900 series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SMP can be a bit tricky.... I'm having trouble setting it up on my new lappy (Turion64 X2).. I don't know why... I'll figure it out eventually after I get all my stuff moved.

I can't seem to get past the user name and password portion of the setup...

What does it do, when you can't get past the user and pass setup? When I set the user and pass, and press enter, it does something, and then it says that statement twice, and I just close it, and just run the client.

no, it keeps asking for it.. lol... I'll give it a try again tommrow sometime..

I think its vista's local security policy..
Edit: says something like, Cannot connect to (computer name)/(user name)

I reckon I have the SMP running... both instances of mpiexec are using CPU. I also have my old FAH client running, just in case.

so when i get a new system, which settings would be best so i can be most helpful and get a lot of folding done?? and help tech-forums rank

Since you're getting an e6750 or q6600, it would be best to fold with the SMP client. It's a higher performance client, specifically designed for multi-core CPUs.

On word on Nvidia support? I'm getting an 8800 next week with my new build, including a dual core cpu.

nope just the x1000 series thus far... but b1gapl, i've decided on getting my e6750 build with a 7900gs, and then upgrade to a 9 series later on, since i'll only being playing crysis, halo, halo 2 and oblivion, i really don't need the razzle dazzle of an 8 series card and if its playable good enough for me, and i'll get me my shiny 9 series graphics card...... it will be thru that step-up program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom