Using Google

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he means "Why don't people search Google before they ask on forums?". I think it's because asking on a forum is easier, they don't have to really put any effort into it. But after all, these forums are for asking questions. Although it is sometimes so easy to find the solution by quoting something in thier post and Googling it, I'm still glad to help.

Alex4R said:
I think he means "Why don't people search Google before they ask on forums?".
Because this is the age-old bane of ALL forums EVERYWHERE on the web. Very few people actually search before they post a question.

This is another one of those hopeless battle, mission-statement threads, that turns into just a long flamming rant and doesn't accomplish anything.

Man, I generally search anything before I post.......at xtremesystems I've gotten bashed by the mods a couple times for not searching good enough on something that I searched for and could have sworn wasn't there.......lol guess they pretty much have every tech question available already

I hate it when people ask "Wheres memtest86+? I googled it and couldn't find it"

Then I type memtest86+ into google and oh! whats this!?! first link is for memtest

tbh, this place and every other tech forum would be very slow if there wasn't those sort of questions, that are on the first page of google, so there wouldn't be anybody here to ask the apropiate questions, that need personalised help.

this place wouldn't really be slow, because there are a lot of questions that require personal in depth answers to from users with experience in such situations. But when it's "where can I get this program!?!" and the damn thing is on the first link when you type in the name and you blatently tell them to "GOOGLE [NAME]" and they say they did but didn't find it........EHHH makes me want to slap em

SkyHi said:
Why do people here have such a problem using a simple search method?

Because Google will give me a variety of answers where a forum I can focus down to one area of expertises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom