US Airways flight down in New York's Hudson River

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Emergency officials are responding to a downed plane in the Hudson River in New York City, according to the city fire and police departments.<!--startclickprintexclude-->
<!----><!--===========IMAGE============-->
art.hudson.plane.cnn.jpg
<!--===========/IMAGE===========--> <!--===========CAPTION==========-->The plane entered the water after a failed takeoff, the FAA says.<!--===========/CAPTION=========-->

corner_wire_BL.gif

<!--endclickprintexclude-->The FAA confirmed US Airways Flight 1549, an Airbus A320 headed from New York's LaGuardia Airport to Charlotte, North Carolina, was down in the river following a failed takeoff.
The U.S. Coast Guard said units were also responding, and a ferry on site was dropping life jackets into the water.
The plane approached the water at a gradual angle and made a big splash, according to a witness watching from an office building.
"It wasn't going particularly fast. It was a slow contact with the water that it made," the witness, Ben VonKlemperer, told CNN.

Airplane in Hudson River after failed takeoff, FAA says - CNN.com

I hope they get every one off safe, at least is wasnt a high speed impact with water I saw something on discovery saying that a crash landing on water is more deadly that one on land.

Heard this on the radio while i was getting lunch a minute ago. They said they thought the plane hit a flock of geese. But it came down smoothly, like an emergency landing and not a crash. Could have definitely been a lot worse...

It is addicting.

Season 8, "Attack of the Canadian Geese Terrorist Organization". Or more commonly known as CGTO. Jack Bauer must stop the Geese armageddon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom