Urgent appeal; Please get us out of here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree to stay there and finish the job that we started i was listing to the radio channel the other day and it was sayign something about theres been talk over there in another country that the USA was goign to bomb a town in IRAN ( i don't know i was listening to a christian radio station and it just said it i have no more infromation but it might be something to look into and see if its goign to happen or not)

i say nobody has the right to complain unless u know the whole truth, like knowing someone who was there.

i go hunting with a guy that was one of the people that captured sadams palace. yes its true that american stole stuff from the country, yes it true that we proballly didnt have a right to be there in the first place but, since we cant change the past all this anti-war protest is just making the the soldiers that are over there, weather by choice or not, feel like doo doo. so instead of saying what they do isnt right just get over it and help them any way u can

my dad proudly served in the airforce for 20 years and my mom served 9 years of active duty and now has 18 good hard years of service to this country so if my ideas seem harsh you need to see where im comming from

no more posts like this please,

Trevor

i say nobody has the right to complain unless u know the whole truth, like knowing someone who was there.
One person won't give you the whole truth.......................... You would have to know everyone over there by that logic.

This whole war is just stupid. No need to invade. Period. Whenever we leave, the Iraqi gov't we installed will crumble..... They have enough trouble as it is with us there.

The thread desparately needs to be moved to off topic.

Vybuni said:
One person won't give you the whole truth.......................... You would have to know everyone over there by that logic.

This whole war is just stupid. No need to invade. Period. Whenever we leave, the Iraqi gov't we installed will crumble..... They have enough trouble as it is with us there.

The thread desparately needs to be moved to off topic.

I guess this is the younger generation speaking... I'm embarassed to be a part of it.

I really can't believe that people still think we had no right. Sadaam ignored HUNDREDS of UN orders to open up his gates for inspectors. He didn't comply. He was a tyranical mass murderer to boot. I just don't see how anyone could say that it was an unneccessary move. That's just IGNORING things that have happened. This was a horrible regime, and now it's gone.

As far as the government just crumbling, that's just speculation. Throwing out a guess doesn't help anyone's argument.

Ryan

No one ever said that Saddam was a "good" dictator. And just prior to our invasion he did allow UN weapons inspectors into his country. They hadn't found anything before we invaded and they didn't find anything after.
To tell you the truth, even invading Iraq to oust Saddam wouldn't have been such a bad idea. My main opposition is that our president more or less lied to the american public about every single major reason we were going over there. I think that's where a lot of the anti-war and anti-bush sentiment is coming from.
Anyways we'll have a new prez soon enough. Whoever wins the 2008 elections will have a full plate of issues to deal with in a now very hostile international environment. I hope we elect somebody competent enough for the tasks ahead.

jorsoft03 said:
No one ever said that Saddam was a "good" dictator. And just prior to our invasion he did allow UN weapons inspectors into his country. They hadn't found anything before we invaded and they didn't find anything after.
To tell you the truth, even invading Iraq to oust Saddam wouldn't have been such a bad idea. My main opposition is that our president more or less lied to the american public about every single major reason we were going over there. I think that's where a lot of the anti-war and anti-bush sentiment is coming from.
Anyways we'll have a new prez soon enough. Whoever wins the 2008 elections will have a full plate of issues to deal with in a now very hostile international environment. I hope we elect somebody competent enough for the tasks ahead.

This is what you'd assume getting the daily liberal press pounding down crap. The thing is, President Bush didn't lie to you or anyone. The world's best intelligence under him was mistaken on facts. He was told and everyone fully BELIEVED that there were these few trifling facts about certain things. Anti-Bush sentiment really isn't based on anything at all. I'll repeat the quote... I think anyone against the war in Iraq needs to rethink WHY they feel the way they do. It just doesn't make sense...

"Hindsight is not wisdom, and second guessing is not a strategy."

The problem with anti-bush sentiment is that it offers nothing to help. It's just a strategy to get a misdirectioned liberal into office. The last thing we need is another Clinton-era screwup.

Ryan

"I've been Laden..."

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I guess this is the younger generation speaking... I'm embarassed to be a part of it.

I really can't believe that people still think we had no right. Sadaam ignored HUNDREDS of UN orders to open up his gates for inspectors. He didn't comply. He was a tyranical mass murderer to boot. I just don't see how anyone could say that it was an unneccessary move. That's just IGNORING things that have happened. This was a horrible regime, and now it's gone.

As far as the government just crumbling, that's just speculation. Throwing out a guess doesn't help anyone's argument.

Ryan
This sounds like democrat vs republican. Not Yong vs elderly. If they ignored the UN, let the UN deal with it. It's their job not ours. I understand that they don't have the millitary power, but for the somple fact that there are US troops in iraq, innocent people are getting cought in the crossfire. I was all for this war when they were after saddam, but that was it. Now i don't even know if it's about binladdin. (<-Is that how you spell it?) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom