UPS is sooo slooooow.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BandwidthHogg

Banned
I have to say UPS ground is so slow its rediculous and should be avoided at all cost. I had a PSU unit go out on me last wednesday so I ordered a new Fortron Source 500W PSU and they keep pushing the delivery date back and back and back. Now its scheduled for wednesday!...plain rediculous, im without a decent computer here! Avoid UPS at all cost, go FedEx.

theres one of these threads just about once a month.

It's after christmas, people still buy a lot of crap after christmas for the sales and whatnot so yeah it's going to be slow.

HOWEVER, yes FedEX > UPS big time, although one time fedex delivered a completely destroyed package....it was a 9600XT, the card was literally bow shaped and it still worked :p

I had a DVD-Burner due for dec 20th from UPS, didn't get here until the 23rd. I've got a power adapter for my guitar pedal shipping tomorrow, no doubt it'll take forever too.

I always use FedEx whenever possible, even though its more expensive than UPS. Everytime i've used FedEx, i got my shipments a day early. and they were always in perfect condition.

LOL :p a card in a bow shape....wow....i can't believe that thing worked. How reliable are they at predicting arrival?

Yeah dude, you shoulda seen the box...the cardboard was so beat up it was to the point of it being all soft. The metal brace of the card that you'd normally screw down to the back of your case to hold it in place punctured through the bubble wrap, through the drivers CD and through the box itself. And yeah as I said the card was bowed, literally, not joking or exaggerating in anyway. I sold it to my friend for $100 which at the time was a really good deal for that card and low and behold it is still going strong to this day :D

Besides that one incident FedEX has been great and is generally a day early or on the exact day.

This last DVD burner of mine, freakin it said it was in my town on the 16th....then somehow like 3 days later it was transported to a city over an hour away.....THEN it was 3 days late being delivered......thanks to UPS of course.

DHL is also good. I didn't have a tracking number for them but my package from san francisco was here in a day. San francisco is quite a few hours from here. And the package was in perfect condition :D

Yea my girlfriends dad works for UPS and no offense to him but I've met most of the people he works with and they are all lazy bums. My parents work for the post office and you could probably say that about 99% of them too.

Well my iPod Video is coming by DHL too bad i didn't request the package was deliver by Fedex cuz they don't charge me the stupid 6.6% tax here in P.R i really don't know if DHL is going to charge me that, i hope not :confused: .

BandwidthHogg said:
I have to say UPS ground is so slow its rediculous and should be avoided at all cost. I had a PSU unit go out on me last wednesday so I ordered a new Fortron Source 500W PSU and they keep pushing the delivery date back and back and back. Now its scheduled for wednesday!...plain rediculous, im without a decent computer here! Avoid UPS at all cost, go FedEx.

This is not ups's fault. It is the place shipping it. If you put in the tracking number and it says billing processed or rescheduled, that has nothing to do with ups. If for some reason your shipment would take more than 7 days to ship (ground shippment is guarenteed 5-7 days) you can complain and get a refund for the cost of shipping.

Soundmaster2.0 said:
Yea my girlfriends dad works for UPS and no offense to him but I've met most of the people he works with and they are all lazy bums. My parents work for the post office and you could probably say that about 99% of them too.

This is party true. The reason i say partly is because when you first start, you have to load semi trailers or package cars depending on your shift. Trust me this is not easy to do. The minimun they speed they require is 1200 boxes per hour. That is 20 boxes per minute. In this time you have to stack them all the way to the top of the trailor, break jams, and a lot of other things you could not imagine. I would be willing to bet that this is one of the hardest part time jobs out there. I would hate to see someone try to do this fulltime. There is no way you would be able to work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week doing this. Your body would be physically drained. The other party as to it being easy, well if you are lucky enough and can stick it out through the bust *** work from any where of 1 year to 5 years of loading, then you may finally get moved to something else. Management by far is the easiest and best paying possition at UPS. The supervisors literally do no physical work, and are not allowed to because of the union. There are so many different aspects as to why this job is not considered an easy job. In the winter (here in wisconsin) temperatures in the trailors can and are very often well below freezing. In the summers, they are much like an oven. Iwould hate to have to work at a center in some where that reaches over 100 on a regular basis in the summer.

As far as the drivers go, I was never a driver, but during the christmas season, i did go out with the drivers to help them. This is no easy feat either. Those guys really are hard workers and are well deserving of the $70,000 a year that they make.

Another reason I would say this job is not easy is because out of every 10 people that get hired at ups, about 3 of them stay due to the physical strain it takes on you.

I know this because i worked at ups for almost 4 years and i would be willing to bet a lot of the people on this forum would not be able to handle this job.

Oh and as far as it being after the holidays and that making your shipping slow. Here is a little info about that. UPS has so many employees after the holidays so that they can keep up with the rapid increase that after the holidays when the volume drastically drops (from over 250,000 packages in one 4 hour shift to 85,000 packages all in a one weeks time) they have so much extra help they usually send numerous people home without work for the night.

thats all for now
thanks for listening

I like FedEx the better than UPS. I've never had nay packages *too* mangled by either company, but it's been my experience that UPS packages arrive usually 1-2 days later than Fedex and generally aren't in as good of shape. I don't mind paying the extra 80 cents to have my stuff shipped thru FedEx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom