Update on me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you Mak, congrats on the job. You're doing what you have to do to keep your family and yourself afloat, hats off to you.

Thanks James. I know that it doesnt seem like a lot to be working for such a place but it doesnt bother me. While yeah it would be great, it just isnt in the cards. So what if it is minimum wage. For me it is a job and one that i can do well.

I would love to do something that i have the skills to do. Heck i have even applied at Geek Squad to do PC stuff along with contacting the local PC places to work there. But for now i will work there and do what i must to make money. all i can do. ;)

Way to go Mak. Joining the workforce and doing a job that sucks. As long as it puts food on the table and pays the bills does it really matter where you work if you don't absolutely hate it? Either way, congrats again on the job, and soon enough you'll be able to pick up those pool tables by yourself!

I dont hate the job. It is getting me in shape and fast at that. My attitude is simple. Do the job, get paid for it and go home feeling good that i accomplished something. It has already made the car payment this month and allowed for us to splurg on some extra XMas presents for my child which is even better.

Everything else doesnt matter. The job stinks at times, but give me a single job out there that doesnt have its moments. It has its ups and downs, again just like every other job. I go in with a good attitude and crack a few jokes. Get some laughs, smiles and even get a couple of $$ tips from people.

The weather isnt playing nice but so what. It does feel good to be working again.

Mak it sucks that you have to do a non technical job, but its better news you have one so easy, tell you what mate job trade in the new years you deal with idiots and bullets and I will deal with selling fridges for a bit an see how we do :p

btw hows baby.

Weather sucks in the north east.. >.< Working at circuit city taught me some things. People think their cars are bigger then they are. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE FOLD DOWN SEATS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN FIT ANYTHING IN YOUR CAR!!! Haha. We had a guy get a 52" tv and try and put it in a honda civic 2 door hatchback. It was terrible.. I'm sure you'll encounter much much worse things than I did due to the nature of the things you sell at sears... Congrats on the job though mate. Is it holiday or year round?

Mak it sucks that you have to do a non technical job, but its better news you have one so easy, tell you what mate job trade in the new years you deal with idiots and bullets and I will deal with selling fridges for a bit an see how we do :p

btw hows baby.
Job Trade sounds good. But i dont sell them. I just load them. :p

Baby is good. PITA but good none the less.
Weather sucks in the north east.. >.< Working at circuit city taught me some things. People think their cars are bigger then they are. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE FOLD DOWN SEATS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN FIT ANYTHING IN YOUR CAR!!! Haha. We had a guy get a 52" tv and try and put it in a honda civic 2 door hatchback. It was terrible.. I'm sure you'll encounter much much worse things than I did due to the nature of the things you sell at sears... Congrats on the job though mate. Is it holiday or year round?
Yes i know all about that loading thing. I get it at least 10 times a day.:dead:

Technically it is seasonal, but i highly doubt that they will let me go come new year. Everyone from the Store Manager to my fellow loaders love having me around.:thumbsup:

and it certainly doesnt have anything to do with PC's or my skills with them.:

That is pretty much summing up my Job Hunting Experience right now. I still have a job, but I feel that i could be earning more pay else where. I would like to keep my job in IT, but since most of the positions seem to be interstate or that I am "too experienced for", I have been looking at other places.

I might call up TAFE Technical Collage on monday and see what i need to do to apply any position for a teacher down there. Last time I checked, all I need is a few years full time job experence.

Hey Mak, congrats on the job, I just recently landed what appears to be a permenant job as an IT Admin at a local hotel, min wage, but good hours. Still have to work front desk duties though. :(

Minimum wage is $7.25 ? Back in pre-recession days that was like £3.60, and your 30 something ? At that age over here minimum wage is £5.80. Seems to be quite a big difference, then again, $7.25 might go a bit further than it would over here, not to sure. Still sounds a bit poor though.

However, as you say, better than no money at all.

Work hard and keep at it and who knows maybe you'll get promoted :)

Just as you get a job, my dad gets put on a redundency list ! Which is bad bad baddd news condidering my dad out earns my mum 10:1 and there is no way she could support the family on her own, He said he'll start doing very short tierm contracting (3 days to 2 weeks in length) with a few weeks gap between each gap and do property developing during that time, but doubts he'll earn half as much as he did previously - which means this life style of mine is about to become a 'elluva lot worse :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom