unreal tornament 2004 legal problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
i bought unreal tournament 2004 and i installed it and it worked fine. The package consists of 5 install cds and 1 play cd so therefore i will use the play cd many times more than the others and possibly im my horrible mess i call my computer desk it might get damaged beyond rapair. Now i want to legally copy this cd. I was thinking of importing it into an image and using some of that virtual cd software. I also tried copying it but it refused to run with the copied disc. Should i go and email atari for my best legal solution.
thanks
wayne

Install a NO CD Patch. That what I had done on my PC because I realised that I will have this problem a long time ago.

The only problem is that you need to seek out a No CD Patch every time there is a new offical patch.

I would post a link, but I am not sure about the legality of that on this forum board.

The current patch on the official website will automaticlly make it run without the cd.

Patch Page

I just tried it and the server is having a problem or something but try it and when it works that will sole your problem.;)

..>Lost<.. said:
The current patch on the official website will automaticlly make it run without the cd.

That good to hear. It save me from having to chase up a working NO CD patch then.

why not just insert it into ur cdrw drive go to ur burn software (e.g Nero..) and then burn it onto a disk...

simple as that

i mean eventho it might not be 100% legal ... who cares , u paid for it and u should be able to have a backup incase it breaks!

if there's copy protection and the game asks for a CD, it won't work. there's many ways. try out GameJack which does an excellent job (i no longer run CD's) or do-it-yourself. extract the files from the CD, delete all the files that are all numbers in the root folder of the CD, and the rest involves a Debugger and a Hex Editor. if you search on a p2p network you'll find a How To Crack A CD ebook manual. but GameJack is your best bet.

just burning doesnt work, it actually says its not a legit copy when i try to start it, but thanks anyway

guess123 said:
why not just insert it into ur cdrw drive go to ur burn software (e.g Nero..) and then burn it onto a disk...

simple as that

i mean eventho it might not be 100% legal ... who cares , u paid for it and u should be able to have a backup incase it breaks!

??? Uh there is nothing illegal about backing up something that you own... it is 100% legal to create a backup as long as you do not distribute to anyone else and the original must remain in your possession... (for example if you back up a game and sell the originals but keep the backup then you are breaking the law!)

there is good software available such as alcohol120% which allow you to burn a cd with protection and therefore can be used to legally back up your games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom