Unexplainable? Try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok. So tonight we had a extremely bad storm move through the state. Heavy rains, Violent lightning and thunder, high winds and nickle size hail. Many cities in my state have lost power... While this was going on, I was at work. So we lost power and closed early and I came home.

Low and behold I get home to find no power either. Son of a beach!!!! No power! What will I do? So I come inside light a few candles...

I go into my computer room and I see... A wierd blue light... I realize that it's my Razer Copperhead mouse... And it's got power? WTF?

No back-up battery on the PC it's connected to. NO POWER what so ever in my CITY!... But for some wierd reason? My mouse is glowing and the thing is pulsing like it does??? The motherboard doesn't have power because the light isn't on...

Now, since we got power back... I went online and checked the Razer site and looked at the full specs list and it mentions nothing about a battery inside or anything. And normally, when I turn off the PC, the mouse turns off/no lights.

Why on earth did my mouse have power to stay lit and glow???
It seems to be working fine??? WTF?

capacitors... they'll retain a charge until discharged... the capacitors in your power supply was keeping it on for a short time

since your computer probably wasn't shut down properly because of power outage, the power supply didn't shut off the connection, so the "gate" is still open to send what power it has.

Well, it wasn't really a short time? It was lit for a good 2.5 hrs....
Plus, when you shut down the PC, the mouse goes off. The motherboard didn't even have power... oh, the mouse is USB.

Yeah. I know the computer wasn't shut down properly, because I forgot to turn it off when I left for work. I dont' know... the capacitor answer seems likely, but it was on for a long time and never went off.

Yea. Unplug the computer cable from the back and then hit the power button on the computer....the light will likely go out. The power can remain in capacitors for a LONG time :) Well, enough to light up a little blue light anyway ;)

Well, I just restarted my PC... Unplugged the MOUSE from the PC... AND IT STILL STAYS LIT!!!! lol... WTF?

I wanna take a picture of this but, my camera is at work!!!!

This is wierd...

Wow that is weird, I also have a copperhead, never seen anything like that. Take a picture and send it to razer, see what they say.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Well, I just restarted my PC... Unplugged the MOUSE from the PC... AND IT STILL STAYS LIT!!!! lol... WTF?

I wanna take a picture of this but, my camera is at work!!!!

This is wierd...

Yea, still sounds strange. I have 24 of those mice and I may try that now ;)

But, yea, the answer still lies within the build of the mouse and electricity101. They have to have something within the mouse retaining power.

Maybe you are their 1,000,000 customer and win some sort of prize man!!!???? hehe ;)

Hope your power comes back on soon. :) The storm went through here as I was landing and now i'm just sitting outside enjoying the lack of rain and PLENTY of electricity in the sky :) I love storms

HAVOC2k5 said:
Why on earth did my mouse have power to stay lit and glow???
It seems to be working fine??? WTF?

you're asking the wrong question

you should be asking "how can i make use of this power by quickly checking my latest thread on TF before the power runs out."

No, lol - I got power back... when i was posting obviously...

But, yeah. The mouse stopped working. Now it's dead. It was working fine and then I fired up my other PC and played some BF2. Then at some point I looked over at the mouse and it was dead. I tried to play around with it... But, nothing...

I have no idea what happened. I don't think it was a power surge because i've got a heavy duty surge protector and it wasn't even tripped. The rest of the PC seems fine, so far.

pffff... This will be the 2nd time i've had to RMA a Razer Copperhead.
Well, may-be it's time to make the switch to logitech?

lol I bet your whole office was like my avatar when the power went out:p
<--------------------

Try one of those usb to ps/2 converters..maybe the usb thing is messed.....

Just a suggestion...:confused:

Weird......I wish my mouse glowed :D

EDIT: Havoc the girl in your signature makes me want to stare at her tightley packaged *** all day....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom