Uncanny Switchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy said:
I have one question:

What can you do on a Mac, that you can't do on a PC at a cheaper cost?

I understand that some people hate "the man" (Microsoft), but is it seriouly worth spending $1000 more for a system because it isn't Microsoft, it isn't compatible with 87% of the software out there, and it isn't nearly as easy to work on?

And I think it's cool that mac_mogul owns all 32 games ever made for the Mac... ;) . Just messing with you man. And that was two questions.

Well, not to dive into my person history or anything, I for one had to buy my first mac for use at my school (we are an all Mac school because we got some educational grant that bought us like 300 imacs, which was hot shit way back when). My brothers, who are significantly older than me, also started their computing experience with Apple, but then again, Apple was a much larger company as computer companies went back in those times. I bought my powermac back when windows ME was destroying the credibility of the x86 platform.

I enjoyed using Mac OSX so much that I decided that, when it came time for me to buy a laptop, buying a PC laptop just wasnt worth it (I mean, you cant really game that well on a laptop, so that wasnt really my selling point) The Centrino technology was great, but at the time, I just saw it as too undeveloped. If I had waited 1-2 years, then Id be typing this post on a PC laptop instead of an Apple powerbook (though the powerbooks arent looking to shabby either at the moment :)) The price of macs, for me at least, was not a factor. If I was an adult myself or a child seeking to buy the computer with my own money (I got my powerbook as a gift, same with my powermac), then a PC would be the obvious choice.

I hope that clears it up a tad.

Ppl diss my car allthe time - it still has the balls to out race a mustang 5 litre beater - somewhat like my computer i spose - i mean - look @ my specs, that may look shabby to you, but, it plays watever i want wenever i want, XP pro has NEVER crashed on me, the only thing i had to UG was the HD.

Like guy said, i cannot justify spending a shload more money for a fancier looking case and an OS that doesnt full fill my needs...but maybe im just uneducated in macs....theres an iMac beside me @ work here (ugly as hell) but it is meerly a dust gatherer...

yes, having an apple is like saying you are really good at saving money, or you just have a shitload of it.

bandage_boy said:
the question is, can you play those games at 1280x1024? me neither.

I can and do quite often. Im not even exagerating to prove my point. I really do play all my games at 1280x1024 with every setting as high as it will go, though I usually drop the settings if Im playing multiplayer so it doesnt take so long to load. I play em on a 17 inch LCD (19 inch CRT to heavy to bring up stairs), so the native is 1280x1024.

i dont desperately need to run them @ that res...:p although it would be nice...but old faithfull is doing me fine!

ADZ said:
i dont desperately need to run them @ that res...:p although it would be nice...but old faithfull is doing me fine!

No one does, I just do because thats my LCD's native res. I should game at 1024x768 with everything at highest.

g5orbust said:
I can and do quite often. Im not even exagerating to prove my point. I really do play all my games at 1280x1024 with every setting as high as it will go, though I usually drop the settings if Im playing multiplayer so it doesnt take so long to load. I play em on a 17 inch LCD (19 inch CRT to heavy to bring up stairs), so the native is 1280x1024.
and what are your system's specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom