Ugh, **** Knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well heres one for you, im 21 now, but when I was 14 I accidentally (well actually a fat boy stood on the entire back of my shoe by accident and kept my foot in one place while my bodies momentum kept my body going down the stairs, so something had to go) shattered my hip. Which let me just say, stung a little.

Anyway this fat boy left my sitting on a wall for 30mins while he went to play in the grandads garage. I couldn't move much being one leg down. Eventually his grandad walked past, said 'are you ok?' and wandered off again. Thankyou old man.

So after about an hour I got up and dragged myself up these stairs into this persons kitchen and slumped down on a chair. About 15mins later the grandmother arrived and asked what the problem was, I suggested calling an amblance as my leg was backwards, she said no and gave me a glass of water. WATER!!!

Anywho another while later after having a strange discussion about cake making with this lady my mum arrives who finally calls an ambulance.

I was not a happy bunny.

So now I can't do any 'contact' sports or long distance running, but I still beat everyone at badminton and tennis.

^^ouch that sucks dude^^

my worst injury was in 5th grade, flipped over my bike and my arm looked like a banana. i tore through all the muscles in my right forearm and craked all the bones in my arm exept 1. This unfortunatly happened on june 7th, 3 days after vacation started. i couldn't do **** all summer, i needed 3 surgeories, and about 10 different casts/splints. the first night after the crash, the crash happened at around 9 p.m., i couldn't sleep cause of the pain and i couldn't move it cause of the muscle torn in my arm. My mom (being over protective) wouldn't let my play football again until 8th grade which ****ed me off. the only good thing that came from this is that when this happened i gained about 40lbs, which is only good in one way, im a defensive back for our team.

injuries suck! and i know a kid whose flipped a four wheeler about 5 times and has never broke a bone.

Ive been pretty lucky when it comes to injuries compared to others i know. Ive only fractured my wrist in 3 places (3 hair line fractures), ripped my foot open (should have had about 10 stitches but never whent too the hospital) and had 1 stitch. I have a friend whos dislocated BOTH shoulders, had a major concussion, broke his back a few weeks ago. These have all happened in the 3 years ive known him, i dont know whats happened before....

I have however done something to both of my knees. My moms family has a history of knee problems and they all begin to occur around my age. Sometimes after ive been standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time, it will become intensely painfull to move my knees again. I beleive ive heard somewhere that what it was, was that the patella is slid sideways and is rubbing the cartilage away. It prolly has some name, but i dont know it. I want to have it checked out but that hasnt happened yet...

Anywho, i feel for you. Knee problems suck. :angry: ;)

Bleakness i believe you have a different form of what i have. Patella-Femoral Syndrome.

That sucks big time man ....

Iv had Osgood schlatter for about a year now...it sucks...it hurts when you touch it even after a year and I cant jump for ****.....I hate it.....I cant run as fast and if I try to kneel down it will hurt incredbily bad.....at least I get to be tall

Knee injurys are the worst IMO...they are so easy to screw up and when you do screw it up its hard to get it back to normal...

I had Osgood when I was in my teens. It hurt but I played through it (soccer). I've played sports ever since with no lingering symptoms. Basically Osgood is what they used to call growing pains in the good old days.
Actually at 36, for all the sports I've played I can honestly say my knees are the one thing that's not bothering me or has ever been injured ( besides bruising).
Also if I remember right the doc had me doing stretching exercises that skiers do, look it up.
You could also utilize the down time to become better at the coaching aspects of the sports your involved in, might sound boring but coaches are just as valuable as players.

BLITZkrieg1 <defensive back forever.

'Pain is just weakness leaving the body'

I forget who said that and to be honest I think its just bullpoo since you can feel infinite pain and can only have so much weakness since pain is being added from the environment whereas weakness is comming form within. ... Anyway you can think of it like that if you want.

Ridlyn said:
Bleakness i believe you have a different form of what i have. Patella-Femoral Syndrome.
Do you experience similar symptoms? Ill have to check up on that then and then have it checked out with a doctor. At times, especially when its cold (almost all the time where i live) it delibilating to run and then walk afterward. I managed to go a year of Tae-Kwon-Do with these pains and get my black and subsequently quit. I havent done any sports since. :confused:

I posted a site up on my first site, you can read about it there.

But essentially you just have a different version of mine. Mines the inflamation of the muscle right around the knee cap, it doesnt hurt until i start running/weigh training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom