Ugh, **** Knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridlyn

Fully Optimized
Well i just got told that i have petellar femoral syndrome today, by my doctor. This really sux ***, because now i cant do either baseball or track anymore.

Ok Basically what it is, is it's the inflamation of your petellarfemarol muscle right around your knee cap, and the only way to cure it is to rest it for a long time. Basically no serious physical activities, such as running, and i'm in track.

Heres a little webiste on petellar femoral syndrome.

http://www.fitplan.com/report/Patella Femoral Syndrome.htm

ouch, that sucks, especially with baseball coming up and track is already in progress (at least at my school)

Ya, both are in progress at my school. I managed to convince my doctor to still let me do pole vault, high jump, and long jump.

dont you think long jump might hurt you knees more if you accidentally land funny.

but pole vault and high jump dont use much running, but high jump you have to use you knees more than just running too.

That sucks, i feel your pain i also was diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter about 4 moth ago, the doctor said i will start to see myself slow down, and not be able to jump well...

So far i have dominated track, with running 100m in 12.7sec

But some times it really lets me know of it-self.

It's not all that bad, 95% of the time you will not even know you have it.

If that happened to me I would be so angry. I love playing sports, and without them I don't feel complete, if I got that I would be so ****ed. Knock on wood, but I've never had a serious injury, the worst I've had that I can remember is a fractured finger from football, aside from the usual aches and pains I got from well, football.

Get well.

dawizhacker said:
That sucks, i feel your pain i also was diagnosed with Osgood-Schlatter about 4 moth ago, the doctor said i will start to see myself slow down, and not be able to jump well...

So far i have dominated track, with running 100m in 12.7sec

But some times it really lets me know of it-self.

It's not all that bad, 95% of the time you will not even know you have it.

I've had Osgood Schlatter for nearly two years now. I can't run as fast as I used to, and I suck at jumping. Ah well, at least there was some good news. My doctor said that people who get it grow to be at least 6ft.

I tore ligaments falling down 7 stairs skateboarding that kept me out of summer league baseball. Then this year I dislocated my hip and am out of Highschool Baseball at least I finished my senior year pitching 1-0 :p

makes me feel even more worthless that I don't utilize enough activities to make use of my legs in the first place lol.

That sucks though man. I can definitely imagine how it'd suck. I used to actually believe active believe it or not :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom