Ufc 88

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
What an awesome KO!

Glad to see Chuck KO'ed AGAIN.... Needs to retire, will never see the belt again

I didn't even think about buying it on PPV because the card looked so bad. Especially the championship fight. Lesnar shouldn't have even had a chance to win one. Awesome that Evans won though. Gotta watch it on YouTube now.

^what does Lesner have to do with UFC 88?

The card was incredible

Henderson, Franklin, Hammil, Stun Gun, Palahres (sp?), Liddell, Evans...etc

No way chuck should retire, he can still beat alot of the top LHW fighters out there, I think his last fight should be Liddell v Silva 2, I think Chuck would take it again this time by KO

Looks like Evans is now getting a title shot on December 27th. Im calling it right now Forrest by sub round 3

Lol I don't even know what I was thinking last night. I was reading about Lesnar on sherdog and put him on here. I meant Liddell.

To me Henderson and Palhares was the only fight worth watching.

UFC has quickly devolved into a situation where there is no clear path to holding a title or getting a title shot. Its all about $$ and putting on fights which bring in the $$, not who deserves a shot at a title.

By all rights Liddell should have to fight his way all the way thru the division until he gets one. Lesnar shouldn't get a title shot for like 7-10 more fights at least, he hasn't earned anything at all. It won't work that way though. Behind the scenes though guys like Machida are going to be a problem, how long does this guy go undefeated before he gets a shot?

Then youve got guys like Anderson Silva, what do you do with him, he has beat the entire 185lb weight class just about, some more than once. Looks like he could go right thru most of the 205lb class too. Now guys like Franklin are changing weights to have someplace to go !! Hope Franklin knows Silva might like 205lbs for awhile, then what?

Then there's the contractual issues with the UFC, it got too greedy and now Affliction is here, much better deals for the fighters, and killer first card, second one looks good too.

UFC is becoming too commercial.....just like WWF (AKA WWE) but in this case UFC is real and WWF was just "sports entertainment.

UFC has quickly devolved into a situation where there is no clear path to holding a title or getting a title shot. Its all about $$ and putting on fights which bring in the $$, not who deserves a shot at a title.

By all rights Liddell should have to fight his way all the way thru the division until he gets one. Lesnar shouldn't get a title shot for like 7-10 more fights at least, he hasn't earned anything at all. It won't work that way though. Behind the scenes though guys like Machida are going to be a problem, how long does this guy go undefeated before he gets a shot?

Then youve got guys like Anderson Silva, what do you do with him, he has beat the entire 185lb weight class just about, some more than once. Looks like he could go right thru most of the 205lb class too. Now guys like Franklin are changing weights to have someplace to go !! Hope Franklin knows Silva might like 205lbs for awhile, then what?

Then there's the contractual issues with the UFC, it got too greedy and now Affliction is here, much better deals for the fighters, and killer first card, second one looks good too.

Affliction is losing way to much money and they wont last. They use the same fighters over and over

Im tired of people *****ing about lesner fighting randy, if not lesner who??
Gonzaga lost to randy in his last fight
mir and nog are both taken
verra is at 205
werdum already has a scheduled fight
herring just lost
there was NO ONE ELSE
and the comment that lesner needs 7-10 more fights is pure BS because there are weaker contenders in each division that hasnt even fought 7-10 times, plus the UFC does not have enough heavyweight fighters for him to fight

Machida is undefeated yes, but he has not beat a top ten fighter in the ufc and he puts on incredibly boring fights. He has victories of Bonnar (love the guy but not top 10 or really 15 even) franklin (young franklin who did not have much skill at the time) he has a sub victory over Sokodju (hasnt proven himself in the UFC yet) and then he has decision wins over Ortiz (hadnt won a fight in two years and his last 2 wins were against an aged shamrock) and bj penn (he took a 155lb fighter to a decision, he has about 60 pounds on the guy and he cant finish him). So his biggest win was a decision ove Ortiz which was not very impressive and ortiz was not a contender at the time.

What was the whole point of pitting Shamrock and Ortiz against one another? Like you said Shamrock had aged while Ortiz was at his prime. As far as BJ goes did he seriously drop down to 155? If he did then I guess the 155 weight class title is all his.

^grudge matches

Bj Penn weighed 190lbs int he fight while Machida weighed in at 205lbs it was an open weight bout in K-1.

I cant wait for Machida to get KTFO by somone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom