ufc 81...Lesnar vs Mir

Status
Not open for further replies.
at no point during that match did Silva ever have a chance to soccer kick Liddell, even if the rules permitted

Its not that i have a grudge against PRIDE but i hate how over hyped there fighters were/are

and Chuck Lidell, and Tim Silvia, Tito Ortiz aren't?

i don't think chuck is over hyped at all...he's a great fighter with a great skill set...he's proven himself but can sometimes mess up

it's how you prove yourself as a fighter that shows who you are, regardless of the organization or hype

just as many losses as a guy like cro cop might have, there's no denying he's a great fighter

some of they hype for some fighters are not about how great or unbeatable they may be or seem, but how exciting they make the fight, or how much they hype of the fight....

what a lot of you guys are falling for is plainly the hype...whether you are UFC, Pride or K1...etc. The hype commercializing is working in their favor, against you ;)

I've always known of all 3, and then some...but mainly only watch UFC for it's availability. K1 is not seen much in the US. And Pride only slightly more...UFC is all over...for US viewers of course.

hype is just used to promote fights

You do know that Pride and UFC have entirely different rules right? In Pride you can just about do anything, including face stomps while the guy is on the ground which is pretty harsh,and kicking and kneeing a grounded opponent isnt allowed in the ufc either but is in pride. UFC has more rules and regulations so its hard to make the switch from Pride to UFC (plus ring to caged octagon is a big transition)

Its not really the UFC that has more rules its the USA. When Pride came to America that had pretty much the same rules because the athletic commission is stricter than the Japan equilevent.

Its not really the UFC that has more rules its the USA. When Pride came to America that had pretty much the same rules because the athletic commission is stricter than the Japan equilevent.

Exactly, when they had the event in Las Vegas they had to change he rules, and some fighters struggled, and got some penalties, probably due to impulse, due to the change in the rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom