ufc 81...Lesnar vs Mir

Status
Not open for further replies.
They test for roids. By looks he defiantly could of been (and I'm betting was) on steroids. But he probably hasn't been for a long time. Even when he was in the WWE he started looking smaller over time.

And don't forget that the heavyweight division isn't exactly the most skilled division. Brocks raw power and skill set could beat a lot of people. Shoot I think he could beat Tim Silvia.

And don't forget that the heavyweight division isn't exactly the most skilled division. Brocks raw power and skill set could beat a lot of people. Shoot I think he could beat Tim Silvia.

That's not saying much, Silvia just got beat by Noguira, that's like his 3rd or 4th loss as a heavy weight in recent history.

Lesnar is gonna have the same problem most of the heavy weights have, injuries, lots of them.

they do do some drug testing, supposedly after each match but they have skipped a few like ufc 69 and 70, ever watch a video called the "smashing machine" about mark kerr? wanna know why he isn't around? drugs

these dudes get busted and penalized for drugs all the time, guys like melvin guillard, diego sanchez, the list goes on and on and on

most people in these sports take roids, and don't let any of them tell you otherwise...easy way to tell if a guy is on roids is if he has a puffy face and or orange peel like skin on his face...same reason why most 99% or so of pro female bodybuilders have man faces.

that said, we all knew it was mostly a promo thing...but I do hope lesnar sticks with it.

This stuff is 35% experience, 15% power, 30% experience and 20% conditioning. Just my thoughts though.

It was a rush job, but he should have taken the same amount of time they did in pro wrestling, yes, don't laugh...lol. And what I mean by that is...example, the guy who plays "kane". He started as Issac Yankem, DDS, right? And then disappeared...went to some underground no name, unknown thing...and trained there. Came back and became Kane.

The only way I knew that was I was watching something one late night, crappy pro wrestling....there was this big guy with a mask on. I'm an artist who studies anatomy, so I can recognize physics pretty well. He was totally out of place with the other scrubs. In shape, big and impressive...not some beer belly bar stoolie. :D

Anyway...nearing the end of the match, an accident happened...his opponent messed up and flipped off his mask...the guy freaked, covered his face with both hands and ran out of the ring. But I saw his face...isaac yankem...aka Kane :D

Kane was a bunch of people but Isaac Yankem was the biggest role in wwf prior to Kane. They do that in Wrestling all the time and don't even try to hide it most of the time. Big Daddy V and Umaga are two good current examples.

GEEZ! so I just watched the Lesnar v Mir fight...and man that was a perfect example of the bigger more dominate fighter that absolutely needs more experience.

The match started and Lesnar was like a moving wall...power coming from all over and Mir could not do a single thing....then Mir is laying there in his guard....reaches over and just twists Lesnar's ankle.

Before that, Mir was Lesnar's punching bag.

Oh I do hope Lesnar sticks through it...you cannot arm bar this guy as Mir was trying for...but you could grap his ankle and try to twist it.

Lesnar will be a force

Yeah I wasn't really expecting a arm bar because it would be hard to pull off, not impossible but defiantly harder than a leg lock. I did Judo for a little bit and size difference defiantly matters but if your quick enough and can lock it in a much smaller person can arm bar a bigger guy.

GEEZ! so I just watched the Lesnar v Mir fight...and man that was a perfect example of the bigger more dominate fighter that absolutely needs more experience.

The match started and Lesnar was like a moving wall...power coming from all over and Mir could not do a single thing....then Mir is laying there in his guard....reaches over and just twists Lesnar's ankle.

Before that, Mir was Lesnar's punching bag.

Oh I do hope Lesnar sticks through it...you cannot arm bar this guy as Mir was trying for...but you could grap his ankle and try to twist it.

Lesnar will be a force

That's why I like ground fighting in UFC, because it adds a new dimension to fighting and it's more real. I can say with experience that when you make a generally 2D fight (I.E stand&punch) and suddenly you get the guy on the ground, the fight takes a 360, turning it into a very 3D fight where anything is possible.

I respect that you prefer stand&punch, different strokes for different folks, but Ground&Pound and Jiu Jutsu is the main reason why I like UFC way more that boxing.

Guys brock was such a nocive he was owned against mir, he tapped out due to a KNEE BAR OMFG I CANT BELIEVE he actually tapped from a knee bar those dont hurt one bit, i would have understood if it was a inverted heel hook or something but a knee bar? omg

THAT should teach him to respect Juijitsu and ground game and not just pound on the guy

Oh and atomic tofu he didnt twist the ankle he just did a classic knee bar watch all the angles here:http://youtube.com/watch?v=2O9ONUSXVCw
his foot is facing the correct direction towards the front, a twisted ankle i would have understood a tap, a knee bar? no...maybe the steroids ruined his joints....

I wanted to keep it simple for most :p
I am debating what you are saying if the knee bar does not hurt....hmmm

and don't get me wrong, Okitashi, I don't mind ground and pound or jiu jitsu as I liked the gp Lesnar was doing, hehe. It is a little different and for those who know...you know the guys who dominate with it by force and the ones who try to score points with it.

So I try to keep it simple :D

This was Lesners 2nd MMA fight and he was in the ring with a former UFC Heavyweight Champ. Lesner was advertised because everyone knew him but he was defiantly the under dog going into the fight. Frank Mir never lost the title he was hurt and had to give it up. Mir record shows he is a true pro. With some time and training with the right guys Lesner will improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom