ufc 81...Lesnar vs Mir

Status
Not open for further replies.
GSP and BJP did not come from pride. Also Matt Serra and Randy Couture are still sort of the champions and they didn't come from Pride either.

GSP and BJP did not come from pride. Also Matt Serra and Randy Couture are still sort of the champions and they didn't come from Pride either.

Pride Taking over UFC is what i meant to say i edited my other post. Was anyone else Rooting for Lesner?

Pride have some good fighters but they are far from taking over
as long as UFC has its guys like Forrest Griffin, Ortiz, Jarine, Liddell, Couture, GSP, an Rich Franklin then they will still be standing nice an tall (yes i know the UFC owns Pride but there is still that little war between the two over whos better)

Ortiz Gr i hate that guy ,especially in that Silva fight when he ram accross the ring several times to avoid getting whooped. I know that sounds dumb but he could actually do something other than run like, fight back take down etc..

the UFC needs to get its act together, they need a much better system for staging fights and challenges, the Lesnar fight is a perfect example, it had but one purpose, make $$, its got the same problem boxing has, no clear succession or progression up thru the ranks

Lesnar's first UFC fight should have been one of the off camera undercard fights just like anyone else, that way when he gets his butt kicked he can learn from it rather than waste our time. Now he's damaged goods LOL, oops, all that talk and look what happened. Serves him right I suppose. But I'm guessing the UFC will be bringing him back into prime time in probably the next couple of events, that should never ever happen, it lowers others accomplishments and makes a mockery of the whole mess.

People that have good backgrounds can come in to a televised ufc fight for their first fight. Randy Couture's first official MMA fight ever was in a UFC event.

Personally I kind of think that they wanted Mir to win. This way Mir beats a big hype guy so he gets a push. But the loss doesn't hurt Brock's hype to much since it was his first real fight and Mir is a former champion. Also Mir is a submission expert and thats the hardest thing wrestlings have to overcome in MMA.

I think with some time and experience, Lesnar will be a powerhouse.

Ditto, Lesnar is very inexperienced fighter, and he basically kicked Mirs ***. Once he learns how to stay away from those submissions he's going to dominate that weight class.

Come on Lesnar had no idea he hit him in the back of the head, He was 100% in his Roid rage, he couldn't stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom