UFC 79: Nemesis - Lidell v Silva, Hughes v GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only fights i know of are

Henderson v Silva to unify the Middleweight belt
Koshcheck is also fighting i just cant remember who

i hope some more good fights will be announced but **** i dont really care who fights should be fun no matter what

Event: UFC 82: “Pride of a Champion”
Date: Saturday, March 1, 2008, at 10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view (PPV)
Main Event:
UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva (20-4) vs. Dan Henderson (22-6)
Undercard:
170 lbs.: Jon Fitch (15-2) vs. Akihiro Gono (28-12-7)*
170 lbs.: Josh Koscheck (9-2) vs. Dustin Hazelett (10-3)*
185 lbs.: Evan Tanner (32-6) vs. Yushin Okami (21-4)*
155 lbs.: Jorge Gurgel (11-3) vs. John Halverson (16-5)*
185 lbs.: Travis Lutter (9-4) vs. TBA*

I can't believe that after Liddell's loss to Jardine that Wanderlei Silva didn't use the same technique, its Liddells achilles heel, he only does two things and both are easily defeated. Liddell always sets his feet before throwing a punch and he telegraphs everything, by stepping in and kicking his front leg or his body it messes up his timing. Jardine did it to him over and over and over. Liddell can't fight if he doesn't get a chance to set his feet whereas someone like GSP can.

That's Silva's mistake...he fought his fight, which is Chuck's fight, lol. But if he went in there with a gameplan of striking less and going for some type of take down, albeit vs Lidells awesome take down defense, he may have defeated lidell.

If you've seen the Silva vs Rampage fights, Silva totally demolished him...not beat him, but demolished him. And then you see Rampage vs Lidell...Lidell arms low...Rampage arms up and like a turtle, clip the chin, then gp...flash knockout but it counts.

Silva should have fought like Rampage did.

leddell is learning some new tricks lately

that has to be the first time ie seen him take down someone and that spinning back fist was a first as well

leddell is learning some new tricks lately

that has to be the first time ie seen him take down someone and that spinning back fist was a first as well

the spinning back fist missed, it barely grazed Silva's head, I watched it in slow-mo, at that point Silva was barely standing anyway, that dude is a warrior even if he did lose a fight he should have easily won

that's one thing about the UFC, sooner or later if you don't change your style people will figure out a way to beat you, both Hughes and Liddell are finding that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom