U know your a geek when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
the first post on this thread. i didn't find any humor in that post, not that i'm offended or anything ahah no.

you know your a geek when you know more URLs than girls phone numbers (saw that one on a T-Shirt.. thought it was funny shit)
Me...huh, I don't know any numbers!...
You have more freinds online than you do in real life.
...and that might be me.
It's sad, but oh well.

Re: Re: U know your a geek when...

Roshi229 said:
to these i have to say...
Roshi.gif

notice the fridge behind my chair where i keep my beer...

for a list... see here http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41620

hmm are those flinstones vitamins?

u also know ur a geek when u have 2 phones, ur bed, ur chair, and ur tv next to ur cmputer.... AND a chair that spins or rolls...
all of em i read were great! :)

and the thing bout more friends online than off... yeah 2 offline the rest are online...

YOu know you are a geek when you news and current affairs via online forums (Eg. TF's Off Topic Forum).

Heh alot of that is true

But in Canada, i just reach outside in the fruit cellar, because it's as cold as a fridge most of the year. I am forbidden from making a kitchen around my PC.

1/4 of my area is dedicated towards PC and DJ gear, 1/4 dedicated to a living room, 1/4 dedicated to ping pong, air hockey and pool, and 1/4 dedicated to, umm, a dance floor?

You know your a geek when...

* During sex you shout "A-colan-backslash-enter-insert!"

* You've actually played a text-adventure game.

* When someone asks you if you have a favorite quaterback, you reach in your pocket and pull out a lump of change saying "No, not really. They're all pretty much the same."

* You know more about Half-Life than you do about Real-Life.

* You post regularly to TF.

* The first thing you ask a new coworker is if they've played Half-Life-2 (regardless of their age).

* You believe that the problems you're having with your PC are directly related to the bad things you said to it earlier in the day, and actively try to make things better by cooing to it and sweet-talking.

* You still use the marquee tag, despite its widely-accepted annoyance factor.

* You've posted replies on Slashdot.

* You know what Slashdot is.

* You've thought about going to a Halloween party as Gorge or Gordon-Freeman.

* You keep a crowbar in your backpack...just in case.

* You've skipped a quiz because capping the flag one more time was more important.

* You know what a conc-jump is.

* You can do a double-conc-jump.

* You've replaced your 'Delete' key with one that reads 'Smite' instead.

* Your GF thinks you should spend more time together, so you try to put her computer next to yours.

* You can name every original Star-Trek film.

* You've debated on whether Kirk or Picard was a better captain of the Enterprise.

* You know what "the cupholder joke" is.

* You can speak Klingon.

* You're addicted to Slim-Jims.

* You have no less than 4 desktop toys (3 of which must be battery powered and 1 of which must cost at least $100).

* You have purchased something from www.thinkgeek.com.

* You can recite, in whole, at least 80% of all Monty-Python dialog ever created.

* You believe "Ni!" is an acceptable taunt to use against coworkers, strangers, your GF, your parents, or police officers.

* You own a full or scale replica of a sword from The-Lord-of-the-Rings.

* Your idea of fine-dining is Pizza-Hut.

* You own a trenchcoat because you think it makes you look dangerous.

* You've tried saying things like "My mind is free," or "I'm ready", or "Get me out of here," into old telephone booths.

* You think you're da'bomb in real-life because you're good at multiplayer games.

* You own a magic 8-ball.

* You called in sick to work because someone challenged you to a mulch_dm and called you a n00b.

* You have every known edition of the Wing-Commander saga.

* You've woken up with an impression of your keyboard engraved into your face.

* You've passed up sex for a round of 2fort.

* You've told your GF that you can't buy her X because you must have Y for your computer.

* You have confessed that you would seriously kill anyone tampering with your computer.

* You stay up till midnight writing geek-indicators into a techie-forum website for other geeks to read and confirm what they already know.

:D

Apokilapse, in another DJ forum i have over 4K posts and 6-7K posts (estimate) in the OTF section tehehehe

And i dont fall under much of the catagory that shoobie just posted either

* You've thought about going to a Halloween party as Gorge or Gordon-Freeman.
I have considered that. Going in a biohazard suit with a fake Geiger-Counter...or better yet, a real one.:D
* You think you're da'bomb in real-life because you're good at multiplayer games.
I don't think I am...I know I am.
* The first thing you ask a new coworker is if they've played Half-Life-2 (regardless of their age).
Or in my case, a fellow sophmore.
* When someone asks you if you have a favorite quaterback, you reach in your pocket and pull out a lump of change saying "No, not really. They're all pretty much the same."
ROFL
* You post regularly to TF.
I think that applies to most of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom