Two new puters within a two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireFox

Daemon Poster
I've gotten two new computers within the last two weeks. ^_^ I'm so happy.....just read the system specs below and you'll find out why

My old comp:

Intel Penitum 233Mhz w/MMX tech

Nvidia TNT2 M64 w/32Mb of Ram

128Mb of EDO ram (4x 32 Kingston)

ASUS Vx97 (It's AT not ATX)

1.5Gb hd

8x CD-ROM Drive

10/100Mbps lan card

A 1995 Sound Blaster 16 sound card... (1995...lol)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: The computers I got aren't "new" but they're better than what I had.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First computer:

AMD K6-2 500Mhz

256Mb of SDRam (133 Mhz)

2Gb hd and 1.5Gb hd

Same video, lan, and sound card as my old comp

this one is ATX.....not sure what motherboard.....haven't really looked

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above computer I have to my parents after I got the computer below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newest computer:

Intel Pentium 3 933Mhz CPU (I OCed it to 1Ghz)

512Mb of SDRam

2x2Gb hds

Same lan and vid cards.

Built in sound card.

Downside:

It's a COMPAQ!!!!! ewwwwww

But it's a amped compaq.

This thing is super small and the psu only puts out 120 watts! It's a deskpro EN......but o well........way better than what i had.

It's seems pretty nice but that psu is going to get in the way of a new video card if you decide to get one. Most of the new ones require at least 200 watts and the new nVidia needs 450 watts (mostly for its attached vacuum cleaner... er, fan!) Good times though, really.

Yea, I know, but if I get a new PSU i'm gonna have to get a new case, and if I get a new case i'm gonna have to get a new motherboard. Why? I think you know why.

Edit: It would only cost me around $40-50 (USD). That is if I bought the case off of ebay, and got the mobo off of there also.

2 gigs? WTF, you can get a 250 gig for like a hundred bux..... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Do you live in the 1980's???? My god, XP alone takes up half a gig if your using XP!!!

Yeah, you should at least yank one of the 2 gigs and put in a decent hard drive. www.newegg.com is cheap as hell. You can even just walk into Best Buy and get a nice deal (I did).
That psu isn't going to be a big deal unless you're doing a lot of gaming. Most new games require at least a Geforce 2, and games like Far Cry need a Geforce 3.

No kidding, I'm not moron. A harddrive is my top priority, I was just saying that atm I don't really need a new PSU. This computer don't even have a AGP slot. I'm planning on getting Hitachi 7200 RPM 80 gig hd for $50.....in a month anyway.....and no i'm not using XP....im using win98se and that practically takes up half a gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom