tv for bedroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
whats the best size for a tv in your bedroom, i say its 24 to 32 but i want to here other peoples views and also i will be getting an lcd instead of a plasma coz its only for bedroom, also didnt know if you knew but theres no point geting a 1080p set coz when tv stations start using the digital service there max res will be 720p or maybe 1080i and they havnt got anyplans for 1080p in the near future, the only things that support 1080p will be blu ray and hd dvd players/consoles

I have a 15 year old 27" sanyo still going strong in my bedroom. Mostly because the only time i watch it is when im about to pass out.

Unless you have a large bedroom, a HUGE tv in HD will be over kill.

Toshiba an LG are both brands i would recommend to you I have a LG flat panel LCD in my living room an a 12 year old toshiba in the conservatory.

I have my rents' old 25" JVC that I use mostly for my PS2 and I sometimes hook up my puter to it. Serves me well. I think anything more than a 32-inch and it'd just be too huge. Unless your room is large. Mine's pretty small. I don't know if I'd be able to sleep well in a room with a TV so large. Plus, you kind of lose the cozzyness when you have a large TV like that, it'd brighten up the room in the dark if I'm trying to fall asleep as I watch some tube.

We have a 19" monitor in our bedroom hooked up to our media comp (my wife's computer). We watch DVDs on it a lot... plenty big enough for that.

I have a 25" hooked up to a old 2.1 speaker system...works great for gaming or for watching movies...my room is only about 8'x10' though...I'll eventually be getting a 32" to hang on the wall...it'll be a good size.

lol veedub
I bought a tv, not sure if it was my first one, or my first "big" tv. I was 18, it was a Sanyo. I bought it at Service Merchandise...loved going there. They are defunct now? Anyone old enough remember them? And assuming they were widespread enough :p. So it's about 16 years old now.

I think it was a display model or a return, but that thing still works...works good. Remote busted though.

Then I bought a 27" hdtv lcd. I keep that in my living room for now and the old sanyo 27 in the bedroom.

For size in the bedroom, I'd say go with 32, since the prices are much more reasonable now. And don't un-future-proof yourself. You never know if they'll start fully embracing 1080p for plain broadcasting. If you luck out with a brand that lasts forever, chances are 10 years into it, when your set has 10 years left, they might do 1080p with UltraHD being developed.

Ultra High Definition Video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, i bought this TV from montgomery ward's which is also defunct now. Never cared much for service merchandise. Although they were both right across the street from each other. And yes, i have the old 27" sanyo. One reason i bought it was because it was one of the few "large" televisions under 500 bucks that had audio out so i could use it on my now also 15 year old Sony surround system that i got on sale for 699 (it was 999) at the time. Its rediculous how much stuff cost back then compared to now. Not to mention that now i can actually afford to buy the stuff without scraping up an entire summer worth of working.

Oh ya, did i mention that the sanyo weighs 90 pounds and is sitting on top of my 5 foot tall dresser? Ya, that was fun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom