Trying to understand the USB format on this Sandisk M250 mp3 player....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I got my girlfriend this mp3 player and she had some trouble using it at first, she couldn't upload songs to it. I took a look at it and realized it was much different from my other sandisk mp3 player which she often borrowed on many occasions. Well, when you plug it in via usb all you get in the popup screen is 2 options, one is take no action, the other is sync with windows media player or something.

I tried using the sync with windows media player option, and I'm sorry... I know they're probably just trying to make a more idiot proof way to upload music to the player, but that is the biggest pile of trash I have ever seen. The syncing was completely unresponsive, and the directions said to create a new playlist, hit edit playlist. Too bad that option is grayed out.

I looked in the mp3 player and found the settings, then the usb option. I had 2 options there... automatic, or msc. It was on automatic already, so I switched to msc. When I plugged it back in after I used the msc usb setting on the mp3 player, it came up like my other one did. Asked me if I wanted to view the files in a folder, I did, drag and dropped what I wanted, BAM DONE. So easy!

My girlfriend (who's at college with the mp3 player now so I don't have it here with me) said if she turns it off then back on, it goes back to automatic in the usb settings.

In a nutshell, what is the difference? Why is it there? Why does automatic suck azz? And how can I make msc default? :)

Ok i have the same player but the 512mb version, let me check what i have it set on, (a min later) **** i left it at school but im pretty sure i have it set on automatic, when i plug it in it gives me a few options but i just click that away and go to my computer,open the drop down menu under sandisk sansa m230, and drag files into the media folder and it's worked everytime i've done it.

**** those things really went down in price i payed 95$ for the 512mb when it first came out and now i can get the 2gb version for about 15$ more on amazon.com

When she tries to click and drag, she gets a black circle with a line through it and they won't transfer.

I don't know if she tried dropping them on the media folder though, I'll ask her.

The other thing is, when you go to a song, right click and go to send to, the mp3 player isn't listed when it's set to automatic. When it's set to msc, it is........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom