Trivial? Yes, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
This is what I hate about Firefox 2.0. When you click in the address bar, and start typing a URL, for instance, "eb" for ebay.com ...

untitleduk2.png

When you click on ebay, the highlighted one on the list. Instead of going directly to ebay.com, it puts it in the address bar and you have to hit enter or click the "go" button.

Most annoying thing ever, as I depend on this instead of bookmarks.

How do I fix this?

1. Well, it's you then because it doesn't do that to me. I never type the whole URL -- I always type the first two letters then click it in the drop down.

2. I like the "X"s being on the tabs. It takes a little getting use to, but I like it for the simple fact that I don't have to first go to the tab that I want to close and then close it. Instead, I can just simply click the "X" on any tab and close that tab without having to view it. It's rather nice.

FireFox said:
1. Well, it's you then because it doesn't do that to me. I never type the whole URL -- I always type the first two letters then click it in the drop down.

2. I like the "X"s being on the tabs. It takes a little getting use to, but I like it for the simple fact that I don't have to first go to the tab that I want to close and then close it. Instead, I can just simply click the "X" on any tab and close that tab without having to view it. It's rather nice.

1. Now I'm really irritated, because the Windows version acts like I want but the Linux version doesn't. Perhaps I need to get rid of an extension that is messing this up. Whatever. I hate my life. I'm so emo.

2. You people suck at life. MIDDLE CLICK THE FREAKING TAB TO CLOSE IT. THE CLOSE BUTTONS ARE STUPID.

But one thing that I like about Firefox 2.0 in Linux is that I get the middle click "scrollability" thing. So now I never have to use the scroll bars, which are useful just for displaying how long the page is.

The General said:
1. Now I'm really irritated, because the Windows version acts like I want but the Linux version doesn't. Perhaps I need to get rid of an extension that is messing this up. Whatever. I hate my life. I'm so emo.

2. You people suck at life. MIDDLE CLICK THE FREAKING TAB TO CLOSE IT. THE CLOSE BUTTONS ARE STUPID.

But one thing that I like about Firefox 2.0 in Linux is that I get the middle click "scrollability" thing. So now I never have to use the scroll bars, which are useful just for displaying how long the page is.

1. Go slit your wrists. :p ;)

2. Fine, you big baby. Enjoy. https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/158/

I'm using Ubuntu and I can click on the links and it goes right to them.

For you people *****ing about the close boxes on each tab, if you use middle click to close them then WTF does it matter where the X is?!

OpticalIllusion said:
For you people *****ing about the close boxes on each tab, if you use middle click to close them then WTF does it matter where the X is?!

Exactly!

Oh...and on a more random note....I just now realized that I forgot to backup all my fonts before I formatted and reinstalled. -_- I'm ****ed.

The General said:
You don't need that for the Windows version, but for the Linux verson before 2.0 you did. The ONLY use that extension has is to enable the middle-click to close function.

It also removes the "X"s from the tabs and puts it to the far right and/or it completely removes the "X"s altogether so that you are simply left with just the middle click option.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
I don't like firefox 2. I don't like how the closing X's are on each of the tabs instead of off to the far right.

It's just annoying as heck.

So i reinstalled the olde firefox.
Your kidding right? That feature owns! You can easily close a tab without having to open it or right click on it, perfect for when there is something naughty up and somebody walks in the room. Also the spelling correction in firefox 2 owns. I used to use opera, and yeah, it used a little less resources, but I hated the way the bookmark bar worked and that side pane that opened up if you click the side of the screen. I want back to firefox and never looked back. And 2.0 uses less resources than 1.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom