Trivial? Yes, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
This is what I hate about Firefox 2.0. When you click in the address bar, and start typing a URL, for instance, "eb" for ebay.com ...

untitleduk2.png

When you click on ebay, the highlighted one on the list. Instead of going directly to ebay.com, it puts it in the address bar and you have to hit enter or click the "go" button.

Most annoying thing ever, as I depend on this instead of bookmarks.

How do I fix this?

I don't like firefox 2. I don't like how the closing X's are on each of the tabs instead of off to the far right.

It's just annoying as heck.

So i reinstalled the olde firefox.

The General said:
This is what I hate about Firefox 2.0. When you click in the address bar, and start typing a URL, for instance, "eb" for ebay.com ...

untitleduk2.png

When you click on ebay, the highlighted one on the list. Instead of going directly to ebay.com, it puts it in the address bar and you have to hit enter or click the "go" button.

Most annoying thing ever, as I depend on this instead of bookmarks.

How do I fix this?

Try Opera, it opens it directly.

Avant browser opens it directly too

I don't like firefox 2. I don't like how the closing X's are on each of the tabs instead of off to the far right.
Avant browser also did that X's on the tab thing on their last update some time ago. BUT......the X in the far right is still there and you can middle click on it to close it as well, like general is saying for firefox.

So what have we learned? Avant is clearly superior.

Get either Tabbrowser Preferences or TabMix Plus (I think). Both let you customize how your tabs function.

My tabs have no "X". Clicked links load in the foreground, middle-clicked links load in the background. Just like I like it.

Besides, I seldom type in an addy, anyway. I use my bookmarks, links, or a search through Google (on the toolbar).

Edit: Here's mine with the sidebar open:

It doesn't do that for me...

The only thing I don't like is the forward back reload etc. buttons.

The only thing I don't like is the forward back reload etc. buttons.

The look of them? Try a theme.

If it's the placement, customize the toolbar.

None of these helped. I got suggested other browsers. There has to be something in about:config for this. Whatever, if I find out how to fix it, I'll post it.

I had some problems with 2.0 on a PC at work, but reinstalled it and it fixed the problems. But, after using 2.0, I really didn't like some of the changes, so I reverted back to 1.5.0.7.

Other then that, Firefox still owns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom