A Trip to the US and Canadia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey people ,
Well this summer im going on a 1 month trip to national parks in canadia and the US .. Starting from Seattle and going around parks my dad and I are going to do the destination calender tomorrow im really glad were going on a nature trip.

Here is my question,

Dear Mr. Switch / Camera people
I need a good camera for up to 600ish i want it to be an SLR and come with a kit lenses something simple. My cousin got a Canon EOS something for something around that and my friend told me a Nikon D40 Kit would be great.

So people please help me out on choosing a camera
NOTE: I have no camera experience what so ever...

Which national parks? I live near the Cherokee National Forest.

Yellow stone is great I have been there once but bare in mind that you are standing in a super volcano that is overdue! (according to a British documentary). when I went there it was mid summer so it was hot as **** but it was nice all the same.

Yeah, the D40 will work fine, it's small, it's light, it's good for travel. It's a bit bigger than the rebel so it's easier to hold. I can't stand the rebel or 300, 350, 400D's becuase you can't get a proper grip on it. Doesn't inspire confidence at all.

I've heard the Nikkor 18-55 is an ok kit lens and it's better than the Rebel 18-55, but i dunno, I've never shot with the Nikkor 18-55. I have shot with the Canon 18-55 once before, and it's ok stopped down but crap wide open and in the f/22 range. Than again it's a kit lens, and anything else would knock you way out of your $600 price range.

I don't know if you've got camera shops in israel, but if you can hold each and use each of them, you should base your decision off of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom