Tribute video - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Off Topic Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 07:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
I feel the same way about that "tribute" video trotter posted.
Actually, I didn't post the video. i posted a link to it, along with a brief description so anyone who didn't wish to see it wouldn't have to. I ask all posters to do the same... I edit or deleted embedded videos.

Quote:
No matter how you look at it, it's an attempt to make it look like we're underdog crusaders fighting for justice or something when that's simply not the case.
It was an attempt to show the humanity of those who are there. It did not glorify any one or any thing. If it had, it wouldn't have been linked, as it would have been too political.

I understand that not everyone will see things like I do, or feel the same way I do. That doesn't bother me. But anyone putting down my country, or the military, or the men and women who are serving in the military, and I take offense. Those who are not from the US, and many who are, feel it is their duty to slam the US, her president, and her military. I try to not return the favor, as every country and its citizens deserve that much respect.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 03-11-2007, 04:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Location: A system that rotates chaotically while simulations indicate irregular and unconventional behaviour.

Quote:
Originally posted by Trotter

so anyone who didn't wish to see it wouldn't have to.
To me this sounds like other way of saying "negative comments not welcome"...? While positive is usually more fun that negative, one has to prepare to both positive and negative (and perhaps a few neutral) comments, when posting on public forum.

Quote:
It did not glorify any one or any thing.
Yes it did. But if you still can't see it, too bad. I give up.

Quote:
If it had, it wouldn't have been linked, as it would have been too political.
That's was the first thing I thought was weird, cause it says up there: "Threads about Religion, Politics, and/or Sex have not been manageable and are not allowed." This war is all about politics.

Quote:

But anyone putting down my country, or the military, or the men and women who are serving in the military, and I take offense. Those who are not from the US, and many who are, feel it is their duty to slam the US, her president, and her military. I try to not return the favor, as every country and its citizens deserve that much respect.
True. There are people who dislike America(ns) just because it's America. That's just plain stupid. I personally don't care about gender, race, age, country of origin, social class etc., I try to base my opinions on facts, not feelings. So if my country's (or any other, for that matter) government (includes military) does something stupid, I acknowledge it and don't necessarily approve it. To me this is common sense. But that's just me.

Now to sum this all up: Make love, not sex. :beard:

Old 03-11-2007, 08:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
To me this sounds like other way of saying "negative comments not welcome"...?
I totally expected some negative comments. I just didn't want to subject anyone to the video who didn't choose to watch it. Call it common courtesy.

Quote:
This war is all about politics.
There we disagree, but let's not turn this into a political debate. Rather, let's agree to disagree.

Quote:
To me this is common sense.
Agreed.

Quote:
Make love, not sex.
If only everyone knew the difference between the two.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 03-11-2007, 03:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
j12
Monster Techie

great video, it really makes you think about what all those men and women are giving up to defend our country. just like what trotter said, i'm not exactly thrilled about the war, but i do understand why our troops have to be there.

Laptop:
MacBook 2.2GHz Santa Rosa | 120GB HDD | 4GB ram
Desktop:
Intel C2D E6300 @ 3.2GHz | 4GB ram | 880GB total HDD space | Gigabyte P965-DS3 | eVGA 8800GTS 640mb | Corsair HX 520 | Audigy 2 ZS platnium | Antec 900
Old 03-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Super Techie

ehhh...I did take offense, mostly on the propaganda side. LoTeX - anytime man, anytime. We agree that the other is wrong, that's our beliefs. As for me calling on you to do the same, that was out of respect, and you did not show the same in kind. Debates over, I've put in my two cents. Laters.
Ubuntu - it\'s all about the bun\'s baby!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 04:15 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Location: A system that rotates chaotically while simulations indicate irregular and unconventional behaviour.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Now to sum this all up: Make love, not sex.
Quote:
If only everyone knew the difference between the two.
Hey, I know the difference! Lovemaking is something that a woman does when you're pounding her.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Default Re: Tribute video

Wish I was still in, great vid. Good find trotter!

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Closed Thread