Torture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-Syth

Baseband Member
Should people be tortured in certain situations...

Suppose that hypothetically, a terrorist plants a bomb in downtown Chicago. Suppose further that the terrorist was caught before the bomb exploded. Should we torture this man in order to save the 1000 something lives that the bomb he planted will kill? Would you sacrifice one life to save thousands?

If you choose yes, should we have special government officials conducting the torture? Or should any polilceman etc, be able to? If so... isn't there a chance that they will develop certain complexes and go home and use their work against their family? Very much like military kids are raised in a more strict enviroment.

yeah they should be tortured, heck i wouldnt doubt it if the FBI and stuff are allready doing it

Tortuing is approprite if it will save lifes and is not life threatening.

I think this quote came from the movie Hackers; "There are many things worse than death and I can do them all." - The Plague

The writer was partially correct, there are many worse things than death and we should use everyone of them to help save lives.

Question : Do we not know where the bomb is, or will he not tell us? If we don't know I say torture him and save the lives of thousands, but if he's one of those suicide bombers, it won't matter. He will want to die anyways and will just let you torture him till the bomb does its job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom