Top Gear on the Discovery Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think hes pretty unbiast. he does a fairly decent job comparing cars. plus i love when they trash cars like that indestructible toyota pick up truck or that car that got blown away by the jet engine. i watched most of them on google video. theyre pretty cool imo great if your bored.

NewCents05 said:
i think hes pretty unbiast. he does a fairly decent job comparing cars.

Don't make me laugh. He's about the most biased person on the planet. All of the hosts are, but he's by far the most British-biased. I watch them because of the supercar reviews, mostly.

I mean...A C6 Corvette will beat a NSX, Porsche 911, and a TVR hands down, and it lost in the Corvette episode. And don't even get me started on the 06 Z06...

But its a pretty good show. They have a lot of supercars on there.

You guys remember that BBC based show that would compare the armies of the worlds tanks, jets, infantry, stuff like that?

The BBC was ALWAYS completely biased towards their stuff and it was annoying as crap when it was a normally pretty good show.

They were showing the americans tank the waht M1-Abrams I think it is, and we're going on about how great it was and then ended it with "Buuut it's a bit pricey so they are in 2nd place behind the britishi blahblah"

Give me a freakin break. Might be pricey to YOU, but we can afford it so therefore it = superior. That show annoyed me because they did that with just about everything.

American cars will always lose out to Japanese or European cars... because American car manufacturers cant do handling... yeah your cars may go like stink in a straight line, but the steering is awful!!!!

hygor said:
American cars will always lose out to Japanese or European cars... because American car manufacturers cant do handling... yeah your cars may go like stink in a straight line, but the steering is awful!!!!

thats def true. what about german cars tho jesus cant leave out porche mercedes and is jaguar german?

hygor said:

I introduce you to the 'Vette. Also look out for the Dodge Viper, and Ford GT.

For a bit lower-end cars, look up Chevy Cobalt SS, Toyota Celica, and Mazda Miata.

NewCents05:

um, Germany is in Europe... so I count mercedes and porche under that. I also count the fastest car in the world (The Bugatti Veyron) in as Europe coz its Italian.

Jaguar is British, but now owned by ford... so that = europe too!

Flanker:

hahahah the mazda miata is japanese... and they ruined the american version by making it have a softer ride and therefore a much worse cornering ability than the version from pretty much everywhere else. The toyota celica is also Japanese!

The corvette, the viper and the gt... all great very fast cars... all suck at cornering (though the gt is better than the other two at cornering)... americans like their ride to be too soft and springy... if you harden the ride you grip the road better and you get better cornering... thats how jap and european cars are set up... and that is why on a track (not a drag strip) they will always beat the american cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom