Tool fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
dartgande said:
I think APC is better than Tool. As a matter of fact, I HATED Tool mainly because of the slow pace of their lyrics and Maynard's voice until APC. To me, APC is what Tool was meant to be, a creative message with much more effort put into the songs.

Non suprisingly I disagree completely. You talk about no message or effort in Tool, when every tool songs has a meaning behind it, it's just not all clear all the time. For instance, Aenima, too many meanings behind it to list, but one of them is maynards hate of scientology. When he says "F*ck Ron.L.Hubbard" Who is the creator of scientology.

You also say the lyrics are slow, man, don't make me listen to three libras without taking a snooze, and APC song. I agree some tool songs are slow, like wings for marie as an example, but a lot of them are fast pased, like Prison Sex, Lateralis, Aenima, Sober, and more.

Even if they don't continue, good music never dies. Half of the bands I listen to are no longer together. Members have moved on to other things in their life, whether it be college, families, or sadly some have even died. But their music lives, regardless.

I hope they continue, but with whatever the outcome, I'll still be a fan.

I felt Maynard's vocals on 10,000 days were relatively weak compared to everything else he has done with tool. I still prefer listening to Tool over APC though even though my previous comment might be misleading.

aaronkupen said:
I felt Maynard's vocals on 10,000 days were relatively weak compared to everything else he has done with tool. I still prefer listening to Tool over APC though even though my previous comment might be misleading.

Can you explain how you felt they were weak? Some songs he really let it out, like The Pot for instance, he had awesome vocal work on that. The only one rummaging through my mind that is pretty hard to understand is Rosetta Stoned, the beginning of the song I couldn't figure out until I read the lyrics, it's a beatifully written song, he doesn't repeat the same line in a chorus in the whole song, and it's about 11 minutes long. I still love the song though, nothing against it, in fact, it's one of my all time favorite Tool songs. Another song that is pretty weak is Wings for Marie (pt 1) which is basically whispering the hole song with no specific pattern or beat, I didn't care for that song much. The 10,000 days song was excellent in my opinion, soft, but still good.

Powerslave, some people just prefer one over the other, and it was my personal opinion. I simply think Tool is weak compared to APC.

dartgande said:
Powerslave, some people just prefer one over the other, and it was my personal opinion. I simply think Tool is weak compared to APC.

And it's my personal opinion also, I'm just looking for some reason behind it.

APC's first album is AMAZING to me, I haven't heard much of the second. Unfortunately, the more prominent tone of the vocals taken with Lateralus seemed (SEEMED) to have been tuned back again in 10,000 days, though I havent given it a lot of listens so far.

by the way Pwerslave how do you pronounce Aenema? because thats like one of my favorite albums ever, but whenever I mention it I just kind of mutter a but cuz I dont wanna sound like a poser, haha.

DefragMyHead said:
by the way Pwerslave how do you pronounce Aenema? because thats like one of my favorite albums ever, but whenever I mention it I just kind of mutter a but cuz I dont wanna sound like a poser, haha.

Well, I've heard it pronouced different ways. Like eye-na-ma or ah-na-ma, I pronounce it the second way.

I say it like 'enema'.......ya know.........when they wash your poop out your intestines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom