Tool fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Powerslave said:
APC is a good band, but nothing compared to Tool. I know they are the same singer, but things I like more about Tool is the instrumentals, and no background singers like in APC. There was also a concert in oakland, but that's like 2-3 hours from here and the tickets were outragous.

I agree with most everyones opinions on here, I think they should keep on going, but not turn into the rolling stones like nubius said.

Rolling Stones are just horrrrrrrrrriblllle, especially the superbowl show...my god.
There are days when APC appeals to me alot more and then days when Tool has the effect. But i have to agree with you, Tool is the better of the two.

The rolling stones.....ugh. That half-time show was horrible, they should have stopped years ago. I have a friend who is in love with them and has seen them front row multiple times now. I have no idea what he finds so amazing about them.

DefragMyHead said:
if youre talking about age, then no bro. I mean, age is not going to dictate the END of Tool. I think, however, that Maynard seems to be involved in a lot of other stuff, so thats more indicative of the end of Tool IMO. I love Tool...soI hope they continue.
PS I think the Stone are the most overrated band in rock history, so Id rather see Tool quit now than continue down that path. I think they'd quit before that anyway.

Good point. Another one of Maynards side projects is not music at all, it's wine! Maynard is making his own wine!. It's not released yet, and I'm having trouble finding his website for it. I completely agree with you on the Rolling shits statemant, even when I was heavily into classic rock, the stones were my least favorite of all the other bands I listened to.

For actually playing the songs

40 isn't too old
50 is pushing it
60 bring your nurse
70 you are freaking nuts
80 Most Americans die before hitting 80
90 you wouldn't remember that you had a gig sceduled in the first place

They can keep writing songs for as long as they want. All they would have to do is find a tribute band that sounds close enough and have them preform the new songs. People would still buy these albums even if they weren't as good as having the original band play them.

tajahem said:
For actually playing the songs

40 isn't too old
50 is pushing it
60 bring your nurse
70 you are freaking nuts
80 Most Americans die before hitting 80
90 you wouldn't remember that you had a gig sceduled in the first place

They can keep writing songs for as long as they want. All they would have to do is find a tribute band that sounds close enough and have them preform the new songs. People would still buy these albums even if they weren't as good as having the original band play them.

I don't think there is a replica of maynards voice out there, it's too unique, same with floyd, they sound kind of the same (Tool was inspired by them) and all cover bands of floyd don't really sound on the dot like them.

for someone with a voice that beautiful, I find it more than a bit annoying that Maynard chooses to muffle it so much...

I think maynard's voice really shines out more in APC. I was kind of dissapointed with 10,000 days. I mean it is a good album and all, but I seem to grab at their other ones more than their new one.

I don't know, sometimes APC appeals to me more because I listen more to the lyrics and try to analyze them. It is actually pretty amazing when you start really looking at APC's first album.

I missed the tool show in Toronto because the tickets were expensive, and I had no one to go with. Would've been really cool though.

I still love 10,000 days.

aaronkupen said:
I think maynard's voice really shines out more in APC. I was kind of dissapointed with 10,000 days. I mean it is a good album and all, but I seem to grab at their other ones more than their new one.

I don't know, sometimes APC appeals to me more because I listen more to the lyrics and try to analyze them. It is actually pretty amazing when you start really looking at APC's first album.

I think his voice sounds a lot better in Tool. In 10,000 days, I think his vocals were great, experimenting with news things and such.

I think APC is better than Tool. As a matter of fact, I HATED Tool mainly because of the slow pace of their lyrics and Maynard's voice until APC. To me, APC is what Tool was meant to be, a creative message with much more effort put into the songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom