Too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
I have a surge protector which I have all of my semi-expensive electronics connected too, and a few minutes ago my computer along with everything else connected to it completely shut off and I noticed the overload light was blinking

I have the following connected:

computer
crt monitor
5.1 speakers
tv
60 watt light
alarm clock

I'm not really worried about anything being damaged and this surge protector has something like a $10000 gurantee anyways so it's not the end of the world if anything should happen, but do I have too much stuff connected?

The CRT is going to drain a shat load of juice from it, you might want to connect that and possibly the tv to a seperate outlet. That or use this as an excuse to get an lcd, those use significantly less power.

That shouldnt be a problem at all unless you have bad power in your house. I have a whole lot more plugged up than that to a dasy chained pair of strips.

me too. on my 4 way surge protector i have:

2x4way power strips,
2xcrt, 1x lcd
computer, 305w psu
mac, 145w psu
7.1 speakers
electronic drums
lava lamp, 100w lamp, light rope
desk fan
stereo system
printer

so that is all running of one plug on the wall.

i think you will be fine, if i can run it ok. so long as it does not exceed 13A it should have no problems.

I got most of this.....*
<-- Thumbnail
going into on APC BACK UPS 650AV

*About the only thing that in don't have hooked up in the Multifuctional, Speakers and Lava Lamp

One of these days I am going to test how long before the battery goes. However in an event of a black out, it does give me enough time to power down every thing.

Mmmm I understand now I thot you were using a UPS, i see that you're just using a regular surge protector. Having too much hooked up probably isn't your problem, you might've had a surge or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom