Too Many Computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm i think this relates..
i have a computer (only one for now), tv, ps2, 2 ceiling fans, vcr, stero, satalite, and a ps1 all in my room.. when i turn on the or off the ceiling fan the speakers mess up for a second... would that mean i have to much on..? kus even if only the stero is on and i turn on the fan it still messes them up..

It's because for a split second the motor is drawing too much power overloading your whole house. This isnt safe.

I have a total of 6 x 15 amp circuts for my computer and audio gear and lights in my basement alone.

Dedicated circuts for the entire workshop and all appliances.

I just hope when you guys have your houses burn down, you will be out.

the fire hazard comes from having overloaded plugs, not from some special physics phenominon from having too many computers in the same area.

This is probably totally unrelated, but whenever my washing machine "changes gears", my speakers fizzle out for a second.

beedubaya said:
I have been told that having too many computers in one room at a normal residential house is a fire hazard. Is this so? And if so, how many can be plugged in and running and it still be safe?

I have rows of computers lined up against my walls. If It urn a bunch of them on at the same time, it will just trip the breaker, SO I'M ASSUMING that there isn;t that much of a risk involved...

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom