Time Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.
That experiment assumed light was EM, when even now physicists explain light with two different theories. EM and particle. I highly doubt that experiment took place. A lot of things happened in WWII, and there was alot kept secret for OpSec sake, but I highly doubt something that big could be kept quiet without a few "black" ops taking place.

Someone once told me that they think Dreams are the closest thing that we will ever have to time travel.

I believed her.
..................................no

I believe that John Titor stuff to be false. There was no civil war in the US in 2005
not like how he described with guns in the streets no.....but there is a civil strife with the whole mexicans griping that they shouldn't have to learn english and crap down in southern california.

Also..........it's one of those things that could potentially fall under the "2% error margin" he talks about. Who knows, I don't take it 100% as fact, it's just interesting to read.

Time travel will ruin civilation. People will abuse it by going back intime to place huge bets on sports, win lottos, save anna nicole smith. I think Its a cool concept, thats about it though...

maybe not. according to john titor, when you go back in time, you visit a different world line. so anything you do in that worldline cannot affect your worldline where you are originally from.

it's consistent with the theory of parallel universes. that for every possible outcome, decision, choice, etc. there's a seperate universe. infinite possibilities, infinite universes.

I read a book once (fictional, of course) that basically said, that anything you do while visiting the past, will not affect the future.. everything that happens will happen basically (It didn't exactly say it, but that was the general truism/theme of it)

Maybe it would be possible to view the past/future, but not actually participate in it. Charles ****ens may have had something with A Christmas Carol.

Edit:

Wow, this automatic censoring gets a little ridiculous sometimes!

naerskine said:
Time travel will ruin civilation. People will abuse it by going back intime to place huge bets on sports, win lottos, save anna nicole smith. I think Its a cool concept, thats about it though...

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy style!

"They set up the Campaign for Real Time to try to stop this sort of thing going on. Their case was considerably strengthened by the fact that a week after they had set themselves up, news broke that not only had the great Cathedral of Chalesm been pulled down in order to build a new ion refinery, but that construction of the refinery had taken so long, and had had to extend so far back into the past in order to allow ion production to start on time, that the Cathedral of Chalesm had now never been built in the first place. Picture postcards of the cathedral suddenly became immensely valuable.

So a lot of history is now gone for ever. The Campaign for Real Timers claim that just as easy travel eroded the differences between one country and another, and between one world and another, so time travel is now eroding the differences between one age and another. "The past," they say, "is now truly like a foreign country. They do things exactly the same there."

Well, if it's a parallel universe, that means outcomes are different, and many, if not all of John Titor's predictions can be false. Yay. No WW3 :)

Not that I believe in John Titor anyway. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom