Time to save some energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
In todays day, energy is one thing that is on most people's minds. Saving money, is on everyones mind. Saving the environment, some peoples minds, but not enough people. I just read an article talking about these not-so-new light bulbs that save ridiulous amounts of energy, which incorporates things like Oil and Coal, and the less dependence on it. The article is here:

http://www.fastcompany.com/subscr/108/open_lightbulbs.html

It says that if every home in america replaced just one of their standard light bulbs with the new one, called a CFL, would be the equivalent of taking 1.3 million cars off of the road in terms of oil and coal burned, or will save enough power to power all the homes in Deleware. I, personally, encourage people to change to these light bulbs, which come in at about $3 a peice, and actually last a substantial amount longer than other light bulbs, and are much brighter. My mother bought some of these the other day, and they work nicely, and I am going to go buy more and replace every bulb in the house with these.

Recen tly, I've had what some would call "A waking up" of my social conscience. I've realized how much trouble the environment is in, and how much trouble we (humans) as a species are in trouble. Oil is going to run out within our lifetimes, unless something can be done. A little step is all it takes from everyone. Just a little bit of effort, buy something that is environmentally friendly, even if it does cost a few bucks more. At the expense of comming off as a Greenpeace zealot, this is a problem that effects everyone equally, not one person more than another. this is a world wide problem that, frankly, has me scared sh!tless about the future of our planet. If you care, which you should, I advise you to pass on the message. If not, whatever, live in your own little world of ignorance thinking that nothing bad likes this could happen to you. It could happen to anyone, and will happen to everyone.

When i bought my house 3 years ago I found a swirl bulb like that in my garage light. I think it was from Ikea, 100 watts i think, I haven't climbed up the 12 feet to take a close look at it, but it works great and gives off a lot of light. Not sure how old it is, but it was there when i moved in and i hope it lasts alot longer!

I'm not concerned about saving energy...

Why buy lightbulbs for $2.00 each, when you can buy ordinary ones for $0.25 each.

talldude123 said:
Why buy lightbulbs for $2.00 each, when you can buy ordinary ones for $0.25 each.

Did you even read the freaking article?:rolleyes:

And even if your not concerned abotu saving energy, its only 3 bucks and no one said you had to buy them immediatly.

They're flourescent lights. We have a few of them...they're great because they don't break easily. :)

talldude123 said:
I'm not concerned about saving energy...

It's people like you which is the reason that the world is in such jeapordy. Look, if it's money you are concerned with, look at the money saved in energy bills, and dont be so cheap. Yes, they are expensive, but seriously, $2.50? You're complaining? You wouldnt even do that part to help the environment. I'm seriously starting to sound like a greenpeace activist, or, worse, a hippy, but it's true. Ignorant people like yourself who think that this will never happen or nothing bad will happen to them. Take some responsibility.

As for the money, talk to your parents, have them buy the dammed light bulb. They'll buy it, proably because they have a social conscience, or they will just see the money they will save in their electricity bill.

I'll be using several of these in my new place when I move out. Regular bulbs go out constantly, give off lots of heat, and waste a ton of energy. These are about a million times better (or so) and I'm sure they save you plenty of money in the long run between replacement bulbs and decreased energy costs.

they may cost more, but they last WAY longer. plus the light is often more natural and easier and the eyes. i agree with Him.
It's people like you which is the reason that the world is in such jeapordy. Look, if it's money you are concerned with, look at the money saved in energy bills, and dont be so cheap. Yes, they are expensive, but seriously, $2.50? You're complaining? You wouldnt even do that part to help the environment. I'm seriously starting to sound like a greenpeace activist, or, worse, a hippy, but it's true. Ignorant people like yourself who think that this will never happen or nothing bad will happen to them. Take some responsibility

amen brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom