Time to rise up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jono199

In Runtime
I was reading an article earlier about how Microsoft thinks were all moochers with double standards.

Heres the thing, im actually not, but when i ring MS to get my XP authorised i have a good moan at them.

They say its to stop piracy
I say, 'Ha fools it was available cracked online before you could buy it.'
I suggest 'Make your products more reasonably priced'
'No we need the money.'
'What to spend on more anti-piracy crap which will get crack in 30mins.'
'Yes'
'Do you actually think you can beat all the teenagers in the world?'
'Ehhh, I will pass your comments on sir, thankyou for your call.'

So why do they bother, if their products where reasonably priced people wouldn't pirate them and everyone would be happy.

But i guess they didn't get so big by being sane and none maniacal.

The thing that i don't like is how MS seams to do a really good job of f***ing business's over when ever they win a court case.

Just last week I got a letter in the mail naming people that they resently busted. It's pointed out the COMPANY NAME, TRADING COMPANY NAME, DIRECTOR OF COMPANY'S NAME, SETTLEMENT AMOUNT.
One of the company's name in the letter is one of my suppliers for (CLONE BRAND NAME REMOVED) Notebook Computers. (Which we sell a quite few of.)
My boss reads the letter last night, and then this morning he's telling me to drop (CLONE BRAND NAME REMOVED) notebooks off our website as the company that is distributing them as now become a "CREDIT RISK" and "WARRANTY RISK".

At least with the BSAA, they might make a reference about A SCHOOL or A BUSSINESS getting busted on their website. But they will not go around sending letters out to every one else in the industry saying "LOOK WHO WE BUSTED"

Like this is a part of the letter here :-
Providing the value of genuine Microsoft software will help you maintain your reputations of reliability among your cutomers, partners and employees.
This really translates into "Pirate our software and we plublish YOUR name and company name in next letter. SO DON'T F**K WITH US!!!"

Over all, it their software liences. There set of rules. If you don't want to use MS Windows, and then go ahead and use LINUX or MAC OS X in stead.
Just just wish that MS would stop being complete bastards.

horndude said:
so dont buy microsoft products or use their OS, simple as that
Even though I am not a LINUX user myself, I will comment "WELL SEAD!"

Apple isnt any different than M$ either btw, check the pricing of OS X, pretty close to that of M$, yet Apple only has 4 or 5% of the market and they started with freeBSD as a base so some of the development was already done for them for free.

What about the poor saps who buy their PCs from shops and it comes with Windows installed and it treats them like little retards, and then their happen to be screwed if ever they want to escape the clutches of Microsoft.

well no other way to put this nicley so I guess I might as well as spit it out LOL, stupidity should be painful or expensive !!!

jono199 said:
What about the poor saps who buy their PCs from shops and it comes with Windows installed and it treats them like little retards, and then their happen to be screwed if ever they want to escape the clutches of Microsoft.
Well, all I can really say to the "poor saps" is that they should invest some money in the following book....
0764516604.01._PIdp-schmooS,TopRight,7,-26_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

......and stop complaining.

horndude said:
well no other way to put this nicley so I guess I might as well as spit it out LOL, stupidity should be painful or expensive !!!
AMEN!

How do you get dumb people to do smart things? Surely then they would be smart and wouldn't do the smart thing a would therefore be dumb and would do the smart thing.....

ACHTUNG PARADOX, why hasn't the universe exploded yet?

jono199 said:
How do you get dumb people to do smart things? Surely then they would be smart and wouldn't do the smart thing a would therefore be dumb and would do the smart thing.....

ACHTUNG PARADOX, why hasn't the universe exploded yet?

That makes my brain hurt, its having a hard time parsing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom