is time really constant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
Time is another dimension, in which the whole universe (and possibly paralell universes) seem to be constantly travelling along. People say that it is constant.

I was thinking though, is it really constant? if time does slow down or speed up, how do we know? I'd say that we don't. the speed at which we percieve things is relative to the speed of time.
even if it speeds up or slows down, we don't notice any change. we are stuck inside the time dimension.

Time is a persistant illusion - Einstein

[With ref to previous] Lunchtime, doubly so - Ford Prefect

time is based on one's speed relative to the speed of light, well, thats part of it, read up on einstein's theory of relativity

some people question the origins of the universe. some people say that the universe could not have come from nothing, and that things could not have just "appeared" so there must have been a god to create it.
now I don't want this to get political, but, if there had to be a god to create everything, where did god come from?
this is one of the big questions of the Universe that I want to find out in my lifetime. when did time start? or did time start at all?
if time didn't start, and it was going on from infinitely before now then how did it come to be?
maybe time loops itself. that would mean that all events would happen again exactly as before. but how would things keep repeating themselves? the possibilities of things happening are so infinitely vast, that it might just be impossible. that would mean time doesn't loop itself.

anyway, I just thought of something else. has anyone heard of string theory?
and of those, who has also heard of the quantum cats theory?
string theory says that the universe is a membrane which matter (or strings) is attached, and that there could be paralell universes just next to ours. the quantum cats thaory says that for every action that can go 2 ways, it goes both, and the universe splits to form 2 different realities. maybe they are both right, and that the universes membrane can sort of copy itself like cells do, but each copy is another alternate reality.

anyway, I'm just pondering here.

who has also heard of the quantum cats theory?

yea, ive heard it. it states that for every thing you do, the universe splits, and in the other ones, you do something else. if that is the case, in another universe i didnt post in this thread, and in yet another i got up and swung a hammer into mny pc.

joshd said:
yea, ive heard it. it states that for every thing you do, the universe splits, and in the other ones, you do something else. if that is the case, in another universe i didnt post in this thread, and in yet another i got up and swung a hammer into my pc.

Wow so right now im arguing w/ my chick, in another im banging her? and in another we are just talking normaly? Or were arguing, normal, im killing her? haha thats so confusing!

P.P. Mguire said:
Wow so right now im arguing w/ my chick, in another im banging her? and in another we are just talking normaly? Or were arguing, normal, im killing her? haha thats so confusing!

LMFAO man you got issues my friend :p j/k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom