This Ticks Me Off Beyond All Belief

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always a choice, I'm tired of hearing excuses from everybody. You're in control of your life, your actions can change your life. If people spend all the time they do complaining about the things that are preventing them from moving on, and actually did something productive with that time then their lives would be different.

Personal accountability/responsibility ... why does no one value this anymore?

juts look up what kind of people run this company and you might be suprised then look up similar comapnys youl see the same thing. ist akind of behaviour beign caused by them all aroudn the world not just in retail.

There's always a choice, I'm tired of hearing excuses from everybody. You're in control of your life, your actions can change your life. If people spend all the time they do complaining about the things that are preventing them from moving on, and actually did something productive with that time then their lives would be different.

Personal accountability/responsibility ... why does no one value this anymore?

but when the only productive job you can get is working at walmart it doesn't really give you any choice. with the economy how it is it's very hard to get a job so having a job at walmart is better then sitting on your *** at home without a job when you're pension or retirement fund isn't giving you enough to live off of...

and most of the people who work at walmart are incapable of moving on to bigger and better things. be it that they don't have the money to go to school or get a higher education to give them more marketable/valuble job skills, or maybe their in school and are just looking for a part time job, a lot of elderly people or people in general can't do many jobs because they are physically or mentally unable to and walmart gives people like that an opportunity for a job. For whatever reason the people working at walmart choose to work at walmart, most probably hate it, but in the end i'm sure if there was the opportunity to do something else with a positive outcome then they would take it.

People are lazy. There's always something to do, be it pursue an education or find some place else to work. And according to you, since the economy is so bad, I think they should be happy that got any job at all. Why bother complaining about the company thats putting food on your table? The people that work there have next to no qualifications and can be replaced easily and on the fly if necessary ... why do they think they deserve so much?

Furthermore, if they did something better with their lives when they were younger, they might not be forced to pick from retail jobs to put food on their table.

I'm sorry, but I'm working my butt off in college to get a good job. I see the jocks that get out of high school, go to college, flunk out, etc and don't take the opportunities that were presented to them. I'm sorry, but that's their fault; they had their chance.

I don't mean to be rude here, but again it just comes down to responsability; I don't see it in Americans anymore.

my argument isn't for a select group of people, i'm more encompasing the entire group of people who work retail or lower paying jobs.

i would agree with you for the most part, but i think the person's past and personal life would have a lot to do with it.. like if they grew up in an abusive house hold that would definitely have something to do with it.. stuff like that where there is little or no control that a person would have in changing it. and i don't think everybody who works at walmart that hates their job complains about it 100% of the time. sure i complain about not always liking my job but i enjoy it some of the time, and i realize that having a job is great because i get extra money that i wouldn't normally have ya know? and to the people that complain 24/7 and skip out of work to do stupid **** and then complain about not having money and all that, then yes that's their fault. but to say that because someone whose personal acountability/responsibility is out of thier hands should only blame themselves is a bit over the top.

and on the matter of education, if you're 75, there's no chance in **** you're gonna go back to school so you can make an extra 5.50 an hour...

with the economy in its current state, federal student loans have taken a huge hit, and so the ability to get a good education has dive bombed, and a lot of people can't go because to be honest there's only a small number of people who can whip out a years tuition in full from their savings... a lot of people count on student loans and then pay them off when they get out of school. but if the option isn't there to go to school in the beginning, then the cycle of self improvement can't start. and continuing on the economy, just because you have a good education doesn't guarentee a good job.. i know people with a B.S in computer science and are working for 11.75 an hour, 25-30 hours a week. that's not enough to live on unless you've gotten lucky with your family and have secured college payments and a car and some other lucky payments.

there are just tons of scenario's that could be going on where personal responsibility and accountability have no weight and are out of the persons hands and can't be applied in why they are working a low paying job...

and just for the record, if you had to work 40+ hours a week for less than 10 dollars an hour, and then a massive chunk of that goes towards paying bills, and you rarely see family/friends other than at work, do you think you'd be grateful to have a job?

I'm sorry your scenerios are wrong. The older people that you bring up had their chance.

I have a friend who isn't an American citizen due to unfortunate circumstances. He's unable to get a job, or go to a university due to being inelligable for any type of loan.

Rather than complain about the scenerio, he's trying to better himself. He worked hard in high school, got enough grades to get into an Honors college. He's now at the point where's he's likely to be admitted into MIT. There's opportunities out there, you just have to look and try hard. There are countless cases out there that show the potential of self betterment in America.

The problem is people choose to not go for it for various reasons.
I'm tired of hearing excuses.

EDIT: Concerning walmart, most people have no room to complain. If they are more than willing to go against their ethics and principles and support a company they consider to be unethical ... then why should the company stick to ethics and principles?

I'm sorry your scenerios are wrong. The older people that you bring up had their chance.

what if you worked for enron for most of your life and had a great retirement plan built up. are you gonna say that they had their chance? What about all the people who had a good retirement fund built up in the stock market and all that? are you gonna say they had their chance too? i think thats a very elitist statement that I'm sure applies to some people who didn't try for anything and just drifted through life not really making anything super great out of it, but it doesn't apply to everybody as you're seemingly saying it does.

The problem is people choose to not go for it for various reasons.
I'm tired of hearing excuses.

and if those reasons are out of a persons control, you're willing to blame them for that?

EDIT: Concerning walmart, most people have no room to complain. If they are more than willing to go against their ethics and principles and support a company they consider to be unethical ... then why should the company stick to ethics and principles?
i would say that in a way that makes sense. but for a lot of people walmart is cheap and convenient, and that's what a lot of people want. its like saying that driving your car is unethical because it hurts the environment, but just because it hurts the environment in a potentially irreversable way, does that mean everybody is going to stop driving their car? Walmart in some ways has become a culture, and that culture is deeply rooted in america and the world and offers the people something that they like which is lots of things for a very low price. the company won't stop because the people in charge, no doubt, have no desire to make the lives of the people that work for them better, because if they offered higher wages or better benefits then that's money out of the executives pockets. its all about money in the end, and the less the executives get, the less happy they get.

You can get murdered today, obviously that is out of your hands.

Ultimately, in the extended course of a life, the average person's life is as good as they made it be. If you want to spend your life making excuses and justifying that kind of behavior, then so be it. I refuse to.

lets keep this on topic guys...don't be flaming...dont want the thread to be closed

I don't think we were flaming at all ... it was actually a pretty civil discussion. I'm enjoying it.

Why does this forum discourage debating and difference of opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom