This Ticks Me Off Beyond All Belief

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
Wow...after reading this i am officially switching to Target for my needs instead of Wal-mart

the following is from this website http://www.sodahead.com/question/21...-walmart-fired-him-for-disrupting-regular-bu/

WalMart employee buys $1300.00 worth of $10 gift cards & hands them to shoppers as they come in the door. WalMart first accused him of stealing them (he produced the receipt) & then WalMart fired him for disrupting regular business. What do you think?

Wal-Mart Boots Man for Handing Out Gift Cards
Posted by: Mike Marusarz
Email: marusarz@nbcactionnews.com
Last Update: 3:24 pm
LISBON, Conn. – A man says he was told to leave a Connecticut Wal-Mart Saturday when employees discovered him handing out $10 gift cards to unsuspecting strangers.

Barry Goldberg said he bought $1,300 worth of $10 dollar gift cards at the Wal-Mart in Lisbon and as a gesture of goodwill, he started handing them out to customers in the store lobby.

“I figured let me see if I can't make a difference in peoples' lives, for the better,” Goldberg said. “A lot of people couldn't believe that there's actually people that exist in this world that are actually going to share in a random act of generosity and not look for anything in return.”

After a half hour, a store manager told him to leave, Goldberg said. So he went out into the parking lot and handed them out there until he was asked to leave the property by store officials.

A Wal-Mart spokesman confirmed the incident, saying it was not an official "Wal-Mart promotion."

^This. Not very "giving" of them, is it? Just another incredibly hypocritical example of Wal Mart's awfulness. Just a terrible company imo. No offense to anybody who works there or anything, obviously, but these corporate business practices boggle the mind. So a guy can't hand out free gift cards, paid for by himself, at his store? Gift cards have long been a known tool to get customers to spend more! What a nice gesture and it certainly would have helped out the store's business if you want to look at it that way.

i know i would...talk about the "mental distress" especially around Christmas....losing his job for being a kind hearted man...that is ridiculous and is really bad Page Ranking on behalf of Wal-mart....think about it...he worked at their store for the money he put back into it...for $1300 worth of cards...that is 200 hours at the rate of $6.50/hr before taxes

Well this is the thing he was spending his own money an giving it to people $10 may not sound like much but just the thought that some one will do a selfless act will make some one's christmas. I know it sounds glum but the suicide rate spikes on christmas eve christmas day an boxing day an as stupid as it sounds just one act of kindness can make people reconsider.

I hope he sue's them an gives all the money to charity, honestly he is the kinda guy we need more of in this world as $1300 is a lot of money in any ones book.

so much for random acts of kindness. Maybe Goldberg should gone into walmart with a shot gun instead and started popping people off left right and center.

Wal-Mart's been shady for years. I try to avoid it, but there are so many of them and they're really convenient when you need to get something late at night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom