Threat moving into a new shade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoobieRat

Fully Optimized
Is it possible for the Homeland Security Threat Warning system to be any more of a bureaucratic waste and an embarrassment to our nation?

After the London bombings...don't look now folks, but our warning level went from yellow...to orange...

I think I'm gonna be sick...

I mean, honestly, what is this? Kindergarten? And have you read what each level means? Here's the chart:

200-hsas-chart.jpg

We've moved from "Significant Risk" to "High Risk"...Well WTF does that mean? Could it be any more grey? This thing reads like a college-level weather report.

And by the way, how many of you knew we were at Yellow level before the bombings? Hmm? Anyone? Does anyone care? Does anyone care now? When yer watching CNN (if), and you hear that the "current threat level for today is orange" do you even give it a thought? Pththt...I'd bet not.

So this is our lovely tax dollars at work, paying for some color-retentive morons in an office to alert us of a possible mango-cream level for this evening with chances of severe strawberry later on....

Ugh...Nowhere else but America...

It means that we are at a higher risk of getting attacked. It means to have all citizens and official to be more vigilant and be more suspicious of certain activity.

So when there's "Significant Risk" it means don't bother reporting anything suspicious. Only do that when there's "High Risk". Since, after all, after something blows up, we can move to "High Risk" which is like "Significant Risk" but not, so that we can be on the lookout for risks.

*sniff sniff*...Smells like bullshyt to me...

In the UK we have a threat-level chart like this too. I was watching the tragic news reports on TV barely 5 minutes ago and someone was saying how our security/threat level was 'just under medium-high' or something similar, before the London attacks.

It's essentially implying that because we've had no bombs in so long that we needn't be so concerned. A terrorist/war/bomb attack threat is a threat. It will always be there until that threat is wiped out.

uzi9mm said:
It means that we are at a higher risk of getting attacked. It means to have all citizens and official to be MORE vigilant and be more suspicious of certain activity.

Keyword=more

Anyways where do you live? You probably don't live in an area that has higher chances of a terriost attack. So the threat level does not really affect you.

uzi9mm said:
Keyword=more

Anyways where do you live? You probably don't live in an area that has higher chances of a terriost attack. So the threat level does not really affect you.
Me? Oh, no, I don't live anywhere threatening....Just on the outskirts of D.C. Nothing important.

I agree Shoobie, the color chart is a joke, but it makes old people who still believe our government is working in "our" best intrests feel safe.

hahah it's just like in American dad where he's all "The terror alert is now orange...that means something could happen somewhere at sometime....."

but yeah....much like the general concensus here is.....colored 'terror alert' charts are a joke

all this is causing is everyone to live in fear and crap....that's all that's been happening since 9/11 happened.....oh well I live in a desert, I'm isolated from where terrorists want to be :p

I would take yellow more seriously than orange, but thats just me. Seems silly to have so many levels, should be like stop light. Green is world peace red is globalthermalnuclearwar. As long as you are in yellow the chance of you dieing tomorrow from a terroist bomb is about the same as getting hit by a bus, or taken out in a drive by shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom