thoughts on 'flaming'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that we all have to accept the fact that there will always be flaming. In such a vast community of people not everyone is going to agree on what other people have to say. I know your probably thinking right now that they don't have to throw insults because of this and you'd be right in thinking so. However contrasting opinions CAN create arguments and CAN lead to flaming.

I personally think that flaming is unnacceptable but I think there is a fine line between arguing and flaming. I just think that the members of the community should respect others views and comments. Of course deleting certain posts will help eradicate flaming, but more importantly the community must learn respect for one another.

Retro

BTW, if someone makes you mad, don't make the mistake of taking an argument to the PM or email system. If you flame someone with a PM, it is reported and that will be dealt with as deemed necessary. There may be spam or flames in a PM, but this is not acceptable.

Continuing with Retro's point, even though a disagreement CAN lead to arguments and CAN lead to flaming, it CAN also lead to civil members discussing the differences. It is a decision that a member must make for themselves.

The decisions that we make may well determine the outcome of a disagreement, or maybe it determines the consequences of those actions. For example, make the decision to flame someone at Tech-Forums may well get your post(s) editted/deleted amd maybe the privilege of membership removed. IMO, this is too great of a place to be to lose being able to be here.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom